Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A Tisket A Tasket...A Kitty in a Basket

Yesterday I was home tending to a sick Jake..he slept the ENTIRE day, with maybe a 30 minute period of being awake...and then he slept the ENTIRE night. Poor guy.

Well...being home you'd think I'd get all sorts of fun stuff done, but not really. I wasn't feeling so spectacular myself and did give in to the urge to take a nap, but before that, I thought I'd go downstairs to start to work on the Blackbird Designs Trick or Treat basket quilt blocks...maybe get a few traced.

I started to take pics...you know...because that's what we DO....and snapped this one of the template...



and thought it was hysterical that the cat is peeking thru the handle! LOL That's a print I picked up on a thrifting venture that is leaning on the back of my cutting table. Too funny!

Anyway...not a lot of progress to show on the baskets. Yet.

And I thought I would snap a quick pic of the treasures from the visit with Paulette...



Ignore the mess...I just put them on the fireplace hearth in the quilt studio. You are all too kind wanting to see pics in and around the house. I will do that...give you some random shots. But for now...I need to decide where I'm going to put these new lovelies...I see a birdcage grouping in my future!

Happy Tuesday!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Ok, that was really bizarre seeing that cat through the basket template. What a small cat, I thought! lol! Love that bird cage!! And did you get that thing with the eagle on it during your trip to Paulette's too? :D Anyway, nice loot! Hope you and Jake both feel better soon. Poor thing sleeping so long! Can't wait to see baskets baskets baskets! At my house too for that matter. lol!

Littlebit said...

Cracking up at that kitty through the basket template! I hope your Jake is feeling much better..so much stuff going around, already. MM

Deb said...

I hope Jake is feeling better today and you deserved that nap - don't want you coming down sick too - too much quilting to be done! I love that cat face! How cute is that. And the bird cage too! You are going to have to post your collection soon!

Linda said...

Glad to hear you had a fun time shopping in Omaha. Hope the family feels better soon!

Linda - thepinkeep.blogspot.com

Deb said...

very funny photo. You find some great gear - when I go second hand looking all I fins is overpriced junk! My fingers are starting to twitch about those baskets too....are you going traditional or blackbird style?

Paulette said...

You have a hearth in your quilt studio?? Lucky you!!!

Love all the groupies you bought! :)

Paulette

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

What a great kitty shot! I hope you guys are feeling better - sounds like great fun with Paulette and you got a great haul to boot!

Loraine said...

Hope Jake is almost over the crud. I am trying not to get sick, but it is all around! I'm sure it's just a matter of time! I hope you avoid it!
Can't wait to see your pictures of your house!

Siobhan said...

LOL at the cat peeking through the template! I hope Jake is feeling better.

Jan said...

LOL what a neat kitty pose!! But teeny, that was the giveaway for me! I really like that template, though!!

Hope you and son are feeling better and I do so love that birdcage! Great acquisition and yes, I wannna see lots and lots of pics of your treasures, in their 'homes'! Lucky you, meeting up with Paulette-y for the day!