Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

After a WHOLE WEEK without nary a thrift store visit, I was really 'jonesin' for some hunts. And the thrifty karma was with me!

First up...



Unique...no? Beads...lots and lots of beads.....which are actually beaded branches...attached to this.



Now isn't that unique? So very cool. It was in a bag tied with some jute and a tag with some foreign language that I could not decipher...perhaps Czech? The very last word on the tag was "Jordan". So I'm guessing this was perhaps made in Jordan. I love it! A copper wire wrapped rock...with a lovely beaded tree! $2.00

Next up...spied these lovely framed prints...pencil signed by the artist.



Ooooh!!! Landmarks of France!!! AND..when I brought them home, the hubs made the comment that these Paris street scenes etc seem to wind up in my thrifting path often. Tis true...I have a couple other prints of Paris street scenes and also a print of the Sacre-Coeur that I found thrifting...here...in the Dakotas. Now..the hubs made the comment that it's a sign....that it's my destiny to actually make a trip to Paris to see these in person! WHAT?? I couldn't believe he said that...he used to roll his eyes whenever I would bring up my desire for European travels. There is hope!! Hope---brought on by thrifting! ;o) Framed signed prints....$3.00 each.

And lastly.....this beautiful set....worthy of art fair fare...



An absolutely EXQUISITE pottery tea set. OMGosh when I took off the lid....it has the wonderful strainer holes inside...and smells heavenly...like TEA! Clearly this was really used....for tea! I thought the teapot was just an exquisite work of art!

And just look how much I paid...for the SET!



Not a bad haul for $12! No idea where I'm going to display the lovely teapot. Perhaps in the kitchen....so I'll actually use it...for tea time!



Hoping to get back out there in the thrifting world this weekend, so tune in next Thursday for another installment of "Thrifty Thursday"!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

You find the coolest stuff! I am so with you on a Paris trip. I keep telling the spousal unit, I am going to Paris one day you are just going to have to deal with it. LOL

Margaret said...

Wow! How do you find these things? I just love that little bead tree on the rock -- amazing find! And the teapot with cups -- so pretty! Definitely art fair worthy! I am so impressed! As for Paris, well it's not a dream of mine. :D I'm more into dreaming about London, Liverpool, the Beatles, England in general, maybe Ireland thrown in too. :D But when it comes down to it, I love being at home.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

What great finds! Dang! I should have waited till today to make my thrift store finds post rather than doing it yesterday.

Barbeeque4 said...

That is some super thrifting!! Both the Sacre Coeur and Notre Dame are lovely churches inside and out. On the Ile de la Cite across from Notre Dame is the Saint Chapple a gorgeous stain glass walled beauty. If you get to Paris be sure to see it also - you will not be disappointed.

Cari said...

Wonderful! I need to come shopping with you.

I always look forward to your TT's - you definitely have a good eye and you find the best stuff.

Enjoy your weekend!

Charlene said...

Excellent day!

Deb said...

You always find the greatest things! I really love those Paris prints!!

Siobhan said...

Oh, WOW!!!!!!!!!! What incredible finds. The tea set... be still my heart. I love the Paris artwork, too.