Thursday, October 01, 2009

Thrifty Thursday!

That time of the week again! To share my thrifty finds with you again! I'm sure you've been waiting to see what ten bucks brought home this past week! Well let's get started---shall we?

First up...for $1.50



Erica Wilson's Needlepoint book! Gorgeous pics and someday when I have no other handwork projects waiting...I might just stitch a couple of these gorgeous pillows! ;o)

And then this haul...



Okay---you're probably saying what the hubs said "another BIRD CAGE?" and my reply was "Yes...I love the color!" and his rebuttal, when he saw that it was a mere 99 cents..."I guess you couldn't have bought a can of spray paint for that price"...ha..like I would paint my RED bird cage. Noooo...they'll be lovely together.

The orange metal pedestal inside...loved the color! $1.50. Score! The giant wooden die (can't say dice--it's only one---so says my so so smart 15 year old)...it was 50 cents and just fun! I've been telling myself I want a giant iron jack....haven't found one yet...but now I have a die (dice)...whatever, Jake!



The funky orange pot.....love! 79 cents. The cut glass pedestal....1.99. The glazed pottery creamer/pitcher...1.99

My husband...after looking over these TREASURES...asks me..non-chalantly...like I'm on an HGTV style show...what I think my "style" is....



My reply............Eclectic Bohemian Funky-Folk Traditional.

Yep...I think that sums it up!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Fun stuff, Kim and I think you may have just coined a new phrase: Eclectic Bohemian Funky-Folk Traditional ~ love it!

Love to Stitch said...

OOH I love bargain hunting!! Awesome book for 1.50!!

Margaret said...

Sounds right to me, Kim! lol! I love that -- perfect description! I love that book of needlepoint. Erica Wilson.... sigh....

Loraine said...

Oh, it looks so fun. You always find great stuff. I would love to see how you put it all together! Show your house sometime, I'm dying!
Hugs.

Cari said...

I'm lovin' your style Kim!! You go girl - you should sign up for HGTV's next Design Star...

Hugs

Cari said...

I'm with Lorraine, it would be fun to have a tour of your home and see this EBFFT style in it's full glory!

audrey enloe said...

wow! Love the fun stuff and your now trademarked style!! Its so couture! LOL! Hope you are having a wonderful time with my sister!!

Siobhan said...

Great finds, Kim!! I'm with Loraine, I'd love to see how you use everything, too! Take us on a tour of Threadhead House. :)