Sunday, October 18, 2009

Playing Catch Up!

Today was a great day! We got our autumn back today and I was so glad! It was a gorgeous day.

I awoke to the sight of my hubby cleaning...the windows...inside and out....at precisely 8:12AM! Aaaaah...nice! What a guy!

I spent the morning trying to play a little catch up. When I purged the magazine stack yesterday, I uncovered several weeks worth of the NYT Crossword....



So I did a little catch up...with a little bit more to go. I love crossword puzzles. I am a junkie.....and yet life in general caused me to get behind with my brain tests. Just a couple more and I'll be caught up.

Emmitt is spending the evening relaxing and trying to catch up on his zzzzzzz's....



his beauty rest. I think he's almost caught up! ;o)

The next start in the sampler department is looming.....



I'm sure you've figured out what it will be. She's a definite "BEAUTY"....and will not have a deadline. And I'm using good ol' DMC this time around. Now do you know? :o)

Before I even really think about a new sampler start, I need to catch up, if you will, with Ann...



She has been languishing in the stitching pile for a while. So tonight I will ply my needle and make some progress.

As usual, the weekend has flown by. I got a lot accomplished...caught up on a lot of things that have been piling up. Now if I could just have two days off so I can have some fun! ;o) What's a 10 letter word for 'lots of time off'??? Hmmmm.......or perhaps better suited...a 13 letter phrase for 'new phase of life'?
That's my current brain test....and I've almost got it aced!! Stay tuned!

*Peace!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Ah, the NYT crossword. Back in the days before kids, my hubbie and I would work on those together every Sunday. No more. Maybe we should start again. :D Kids are old enough now! Love your Ann Rayner! And the new start -- oh boy! :D :D Love Emmit catching up on his z's.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Retirement?

Deb said...

You are far too young for retirement - and besides it would make me too jealous......so what else could it be? Love your Ann sampler - thanks so much for the info re supplier. I have a copy now and it is beautiful.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Oh, my gosh, Ann is so pretty! I need to find another biggie sampler to do one of these days. Your threads look very pretty all piled up and ready to go and yeah you for doing the NYT cross word - always a challenge for me!

Deb said...

Ah, it's so good to see another puzzle junkie. Love crosswords, but am completely taken by Sudukos - not the simple ones mind you - no they have to be the cube ones or the five together ones or the Mensa ones! I can't get enough of them. My DH thinks I'm nuts. I do love the colors of your Ann Rayner. Possibly one to do after Ann Medd is finished. Guess I don't have to worry about that for another couple of months.

And YGG for doing Dutch Beauty. I love that sampler, but don't know if I'd ever have the heart for it.

Cari said...

Kim, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

Three cheers for hubbie! Washing windows is no fun and to be doing it so early - very impressive.

Ann is just beautiful! I can't wait to see your new project. Retirement sounds wonderful - then you would have lots of time for all the things you love! And your list is endless -I don't know how you do it all, but you do and it's always done wonderfully!

Corie Drane said...

Ahhh! This is how I want my weekend to be! I love seeing my hubby cleaning around the house -- such a darling. DMC is the best for my cross-stitching days. First time I learned how to cross-stitch was when I was in NY. I'm finding some personal and commercial patterns again for another round of stitching.