Sunday, October 04, 2009

My Imaginary Friend

Last Friday was a highly anticipated day! A road trip! To Omaha!

To meet My Imaginary Friend, as my husband likes to refer to her.

My friend, blogless Kimm, and I took off on our journey shortly after 6:00AM



and a little over 3 hours later...we were there at Paulette's front door.

Now..I am a very very bad blogger, in that I did NOT lug my camera along. I have since made a note to myself to purchase a smaller camera that would fit in a handbag. Needless to say I didn't want to be confused for a hick tourist....or worse yet....paparazzi following Paulette around as we hit up the thrift stores, even though she IS quite the celebrity!

We have known each other cyberly for...oh...5 or 6 years.....have chatted over the phone..shared tears and laughs...and it was an absolute joy to finally meet her. She is as sweet and dear in person as she is behind the computer screen. I also met the infamous, Mike...fellow Cowboys fan....AND he was in uniform. Quite the gentleman, he was, he was.

The weather was blustery and cold, but that didn't deter us! We ventured out for a little thrift shopping (I snagged another bird cage...I know, I know...I don't know why either....some Mexican pottery...a piece of Japanese pottery...and a wire pedestal thingamajig...pics later)....had a great lunch at Shucks (Thank you Paulette for deleting the pic of me actually FEEDING MY FACE with oysters!)....laughed...yacked....added to the sock yarn inventory....laughed some more....it was a great day! But it did go by too fast!

I think it's safe to say that three of us got along famously....with nary an awkward moment the whole visit. Clearly we really HAVE been friends for a long time! So it was easy to add the 'live and in person' dimension to the friendship! It was a long time coming!

When I got home, my hubs asks "So...did you meet your imaginary friend?".....I responded that I met my dear friend, Paulette and she is as real as I knew she would be!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Siobhan said...

Awww, that is so neat!! I'm glad you guys had such a good time, and that the friendship was as real as you knew it to be. :) Can't wait to see the pics of your treasures!

Cari said...

Oh Kim that is so cool you got to spend time with your imaginary friend... I love my imaginary friends... They are just the BEST aren't they? Can't wait to see your finds!!! Hugs and have a great week!

Margaret said...

Yay! Glad you all had a great time together! I've always imagined you as bosom buddies who've been together in person for a long time. So it's about time you made that in person part! :D Hoping to see some of those purchases soon.

Littlebit said...

What a sweet post, Kim, but I can't believe you didn't make it down to the "Cowboy Cave!" Sorry I missed ya! Our trip was rainy and dark--will post pics soon..I just know you're dying to see them. LOL! MM

Paulette said...

What a fun post!! Sorry about all the Enquirer zoom lenses poking out of the bushes.. blasted paparazzi.

I had an EXTREMELY fun time, and I can't wait to do it again!! I'm sooooo happy you were finally able to make the trek here to my imaginary house.

One of these days, I'll have to meet your IDH. :)

Paulette

Cari said...

How wonderful to finally meet in person - it sounds like (from both blogs) that you all had a wonderful time together - hopefully you will get together again soon!

All you new treasures are wonderful - you are quite the expert shopper, aren't you.