Friday, October 30, 2009

The Frog Has Been Eaten...

Yes...the giant frog of a quilt has been bound...



This is one of the largest quilts I have made....



It fits the bed like a bedspread pretty much, instead of a comforter. I wanted to really see a LOT of that lovely exotic Japanese print...which was the springboard for the quilt. I love the color!



And now can move on.....to another binding job. Two more to go!

And LOOK what's on deck! FINALLY!!! French General Rouenneries orders are arriving!! I'm giddy!



THIS is a gorgeous kit! AND it comes in that fabbo bag! I love it! Scrappy and uses all those yummy fabrics! It's on deck on the cutting table!

If you'd like to make your own, I have a few of these kits left...and they're $89 inclusive of US shipping. Oooh la la! French General...Kaari Meng you are a creative genius! I'm excited to play with all the fabrics and goodies from this line as they arrive! It's like Christmas....early!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Awesome quilt, Kim! I love how it fits your bed. The FG line is so pretty - almost makes me want to take up quilting - almost. Have a great weekend!

Catherine G. said...

STUNNING!!!

Charlene said...

How beautiful is that? Love the fit, and like the idea of a bedspread, too! Can't wait to see what's coming with the French Gen.

Margaret said...

Wow! That is some quilt! Love it! It fits your bed perfectly too. :D Ah that French General fabric. I want the kit just for the bag. lol! But I have to say the pattern just doesn't do anything for me. I'll have to settle for the fabric. lol!

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

Amazing job, Kim! So proud of you. I don't know how you get these huge quilts finished so quickly! Your French General looks so interesting...you have to give me that website..or I'm going to try to find it myself today. I love that quilt package. Did you see my little grandboys' Halloween quilts on my blog, yet? Go see! Happy, spooky Halloween! Love, Deb

Deb said...

Great quilt Kim. I love how made it fit the bed and really showed off that fabulous Japanese print. Did you machine quilt or have someone do it for you. Whatever you did, it looks fantastic!

You know that I have to have some of that French General Fabric, but I have to hold off a little bit. My trip to NY is coming up in a couple weeks so I'm cashed strapped. Are you going to get more in?

Siobhan said...

Beautiful, Kim!! I love it. The FG line--swoon time. I can't wait to see what you make with those fabrics!

Littlebit said...

Wow, Kim! That is a BIG QUILT! I can see that Japanese print as big quilted pillows! MM

Paulette said...

Wow, that's awessssommmme, Kim!! What a huge quilt!! And the colors are fantastic!! Great job!!

Paulette

Deb said...

Gorgeous quilt and the border fabric is very striking. I'm not familiar with the expression the frog has been eaten! since I'm from the deep (very deep) South........do tell.