Monday, October 19, 2009

An Apple a Day



Yesirreeeee......we can now have an apple a day.....for many many days. A drive by the apple orchard and a plea to the hubs for some apples for pie, landed this monster bag of Cortland apples on my kitchen table today.

What's a girl to do in this situation? Why...channel Posie Gets Cozy's Sour Cream Apple Pie BLISS!



It is everything she says and MORE! Such a fabulous pie and super quick and easy too! I'm waiting for it to cool right now....must have a piece before bed ya know! ;o) And let's just say there was no need to light any fragrant candles this evening...the house smells heavenly!

Have you all seen the you tube video of the cats....where one is chewing out the other...with their wails and growls? It's very funny....and...well...let's just say there was a similar conversation around the house today. Miss Ellie Mae, the fat cat, went on and on and ON this morning about how Emmitt gets much more face time on the blog than she does. She lamented about how SHE used to be the main focus of the camera lens...until HE showed up with all his cuteness. She's tired of it...she wants some of the limelight back. So I promised her a parting shot on today's entry....



I think it's going to take a little bit more sucking up to her. She doesn't look amused!

*Peace!

6 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Mmmmmm... the pie looks great, Kim and Miss Ellie Mae does not look at all happy. Maybe once she realizes that she wasn't at her photographic best, she'll be forgiving and take a better pic next time!

Margaret said...

Oooooh, that pie looks delicious! I'll have to see if I can get the hubbie to make one. :D About Ellie Mae -- I agree. You're going to have to do some more sucking up to her for sure. lol!

Cari said...

You are just too funny! That pie looks divine - I have a free night tonite and I think pie making just went to the top of the list. I'll bring it in to work tomorrow to share with my co-workers - they'll be so happy.

Catherine G. said...

The pie looks so good I can smell it from here! I really wish the computer came with "smellavision" capabiliies!

Littlebit said...

Oh, Kim..I love apple pie! Our neighbor went a couple of weeks ago and picked fresh apples and gave us a ton of them! That said, I detest fresh apples to eat..I love everything baked with apples, just can't do the raw ones. MM

Cari said...

Ellie Mae has quite a saucy look about her in that pic!! Love it!! And, the pie, oh the pie, look delicious!!! YUMMY