Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thrifty Thursday!

Here it is Thursday already! Of course that means the weekend is almost here! Wooohooo!!! It also means time for another Thrifty Thursday post!

I'm excited to show you what ten bucks bought me this week!

Look!



I'll start with the most spendy item....the funky pottery planter. $4.99 but worth it to me because it's got an odd paint treatment..and I am all about odd painted pottery! Then there was the hand-thrown pottery honey pot. $2.00. Hmmmm...this makes pottery honey pot #2...could this be the start of a collection? Do you, personally, use a honey pot? I mean for actual honey? Inquiring minds want to know! Then there was the score of a bag of dominoes...for a buck! And it all rests on a lovely red tray that someone crafted...another $2.00!

A nice little haul for ten bucks! I wonder what I'll find between now and next Thursday! Oh the excitement! :o)

This week, in addition to finishing up the strip sets for the next quilt (update on that in a later post)...I have been working a bit on Ann, and she's moving along nicely.



The thing I love about this one is that when I get tired of working on the red house, I can move over a bit and work on something that is of more interest...like this week I stitched the blue pot that holds the central motif and then the little tree there. I think I'll do another length on the house and then possibly move back up to the top to work for a bit! I'm actually seeing progress!

Thank you all for your comments and inquiries about Ann. I know a lot of you have emailed me about getting this chart, and I am checking to confirm what I believe to be a source to get this out-of-print chart, which may be coming back to print! I'll keep you posted!

Make it a great day!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Cari said...

Good Morning Kim, you got a great return for your $10! So what will you use your funny vase for? I don't own a honey pot and I am not sure I would use it for honey - the squirt bottle just seems so tidy.

I just love Ann -the blue urn and the peacock are probably my favorites at this point. I am doing the same thing with the house I am working on - stitch a little then move to something else and then come back to it - breaks up the monotony.

Enjoy your week.

Deb said...

Love your progress on Ann. I really like the colors in that piece (hmmm, maybe must add it to the evergrowing list).

Love your thrifty finds too! You really find some great things. Love the honeypot - don't know if I'd ever use one - but that's not the point, right - they're great to display!

Margaret said...

I'm always amazed at what you find for so little money. Do I just live in an expensive area? (Yes, but...) Or am I just not a thrifter. I think the latter. Sigh.

Love Ann! You're so funny about doing the house. I think I would go nuts doing it that way. lol! Me, I have two modes. The "ok, this is boring straight fill in stitching, time to listen to a book." And the "oh boy, this stitching is challenging, have to concentrate!" I actually enjoy the boring stitching sometimes. :D

Deb said...

This is very beautiful work Kim. Love the planter - the paint effect is knockout.

Jeanne - WillowTreeStitcher said...

I had to go back several posts to catch up with you Kim. Lots of great thrift finds for you. I always tell myself I'm going to make time to visit some shops or garage sales but never seem to actually do it. :) Your Ann Raynor is looking fantastic and your quilts too. I have long wanted to make some sort of basket quilt - someday! I don't use a honey pot or even honey much at all because my DH is diabetic. Sounds like a fun collection though.

Littlebit said...

Kim...Ann is absolutely beautiful!! MM

Siobhan said...

I love love love your Ann! The colors are just fabulous in it.

The pottery finds are wonderful--I have a weakness for pottery so always gravitate towards it.

Paulette said...

Ann is looking soo beautiful! I seriously need to start this chart.. I've got it, thank goodness! I think I got mine wayyy back when you got yours! I'm such a copycat. LOL

Paulette

Tolentreasures said...

What are you going to do with the dominoes? I keep buying them at sales for the boys to stack, but I have a really tiny set that I want to do something with. I was thinking of you all day yesterday, was at a quilt show and there was Moda, Moda, Moda EVERYWHERE! Love your socks! Great job!
Cathy

quiltcetera said...

Lovin' your thrifty finds!! You and I would get along quite well I think.... thrifty finds, quilty types, and chocolate cake? LOL Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed that.