Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday needs to be two days longer....

because I'm not ready to go back to work yet!!!

I got quite a bit done today! Yep...



Socks are done!



First pair ever!



And they fit!



Maybe a little snug...but I'll take 'em! I'm officially a sock knitter and I am hooked!



Got those done this morning.

I know it's not Thursday....but I picked up a couple pieces thrifting....

The dome was two bucks earlier in the week...and then yesterday I scored THREE different size cake pedestals..all the same, just different sizes! Five bucks...I was quite pleased!



Of course the hubs wasn't so impressed. Why do we neeeeeed these he keeps asking me....I show him how lovely the dome fits on the large pedestal....and he said we need a CAKE in it then.

So I obliged this afternoon...



I didn't get much progress in the quilting arena....another reason Sunday needs to be two days longer!

I did get these pulled....



some backgrounds for the Blackbird Designs Trick or Treat baskets quilt. Gonna be scrappy! That's as far as I got with that.

Then I worked on the woven strip sets...



but didn't get very far with those either...



but the fabrics are great!



Lovin' the textures! But I'll admit...when this one is put together...I'm ready to work on something a little brighter! Not to look ahead or anything! ha!

And so...the day is drawing to a close.....and another work day is looming...

I need cake....chocolate cake...



Want some? There's plenty!

*Peace!

13 comments:

Erin in MI said...

Kim - I completely agree! 4 day weekends is definitely the way to go! If only...

Hey, once you've finished that delicious-looking cake, try flipping both pieces of your cake dome over (bottom piece on table with leg sticking up - top piece flipped with interior up), you might be able to get a punch bowl out of it! Then you can tell your hubby you got 2 things for the price of one!

Jennifer said...

yes, I would love 3 or 4 days weekends!
You socks look GREAT! Good job!

That is the best deal on that cake dome. I have one just like it. But mine was 16.00 at a thrift store.
But I've used mine just as Erin describes which is so versatile and you can put fruit in it ......but cake is better especially chocolate cake.

Jennifer

Kathie said...

great socks!!!!
oh the backgrounds look great
I am so tempted to make that quilt too
just so fun, and love the colors!
Kathie

Margaret said...

Congratulations on the socks! They look perfect too -- your first pair too! Love the backgrounds for the basket quilt. It's going to be pretty! And the wovens -- yum! :D I agree, why isn't Sunday two days longer?

Cari said...

Miss Kim where do you find the time?? Love your thrifting finds, cake too, socks finished and quilt fabric selected!! ?? !! You go girl!! Sock are FAN-tabulous!!!

Deb said...

Love, love those socks! Way to go! That cake looks delicious and the cake dome the best!! Love those thrift store finds.

And longer weekends - being a SAHM, I think not (selfish mom - LOL) - but for everyone else, I wish the weekends were longer!

Love your fabrics. You really get a lot done - you amaze me.

Littlebit said...

Oh Kim! Now that's a great idea for a 2-day Sunday! I don't even have any work today and I'm already not wanting to work tomorrow..but..no workee no money! Tee! Love the fabrics, but save me some CAKE! I LOVE CAKE! Never met one I didn't like. MM

Cari said...

You're such a tease, your chocolate cake looks scrumptious! and what a great deal on your cake plates and dome!

Congrats on your completing your first pair of socks - whoo hoo!

Love your fabrics for the baskets! Just imagine what you could accomplish with four days - would that be wonderful! That's what I am working toward!

Paulette said...

Your socks look AWESOME!! And just in time for the cooler weather! Wow, Kim, you really did a great job on them!!

Paulette

Siobhan said...

Lovin' the socks!! Great job! Your fabrics are f-a-b-ulous!!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Great socks!! I love crazy socks ~ I have a friend with an antique sock knitting machine and have a couple pair that she has done! Knitting should go on my to-do list!

audrey enloe said...

oh I just love those socks Kim! I need a pink and purple and green pair please! LOL! oh, your not my mom or sister, so I guess demanding the items are a no go with you ehhhh?? :) LOVE them!!

Charlene said...

Just a tip for your like cake plates: When you're offering tidbits to your guests, stack them for layers to give more space on your table! Would look lovely... I'm a thrifter, too, and I love reading about your finds!!