Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pick A Border...Win Some Scraps!

Winding down another weekend....and I've got the guts of another quilt put together...those nice mellow wovens and textures! I had originally planned to go out and purchase a couple more yards for the border...but then decided I probably have something right here in the stash that will work....and will give it an unexpected finish! You know me...I like weird combinations and am always up for shaking things up a bit!

So won't you help me? I'm auditioning borders. Which do you like?

Option #1



Option #2



Option #3



Option #4



Or Option #5, which is "Kim...go back to the quilt shop and buy the matching fabric for the border."

Of course I will set this center off with a nice skinny inner border...but which do you prefer to end this one?

If you leave a comment with your choice...I'll put your name in a drawing for the latest scraps from my cutting table...



Those are 2 1/2" strips from some Moda collections that I used in my triangles quilt...and then lots of strips leftover from this woven/textured quilt, and a couple other scraps. Makes no difference if you live here or across the pond! Just please be sure to leave your email address or a link to your blog so I can let you know when you win!

I'll draw a winner Wednesday...so let me know what you think!

I'm off to knit for a bit! Hope you've had a great weekend!

*Peace!

29 comments:

Mishka said...

Pretty top, I pick Option 4.

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I vote for #2.

Pam said...

I like 3.. :0)

madakamom said...

Options 1 & 2 are just too brite Not sure about option 3
Option 4 is pale, but with a skinny border of maybe the red/pink it might work for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim!

Wanda here, I'm torn between 3 and 4 . . . 4 had the same subtleness taht the other fabs have but 3 really pops . . . I guess it depends on what you are going for.

Definitely not 1 or 2 though, they just don't seem to be plaid friendly to me.

Talk to ya soon!

Anonymous said...

Ok, me again,

I just zoomed in on them. I like the vintage flavour that #4 gives it.

Wanda

quiltcetera said...

Hmmmmm. #4 matches the best. #3 would give it a really nice framed finish. Maybe a zinger of 3 with a thicker border of 4.
That said.... I'm ALWAYS in favor of a trip to the LQS!! :)

JOLENE said...

Subtle option #4 suits your project best!

MJinMichigan said...

I like #4 because it looks like it could be old and faded and makes the quilt look vintage. #3 might work but I think #1 ane #2 are too bold and have an entirely different feel from the pieced center.

Kathleen said...

i think option four could work...but i would go with option five kim


i think really you need something between the brights of one and two and the subtlety of four..typical

thanks for the giveaway...love moda

Jeanie said...

I would pick Option #5 .... another excuse for more stash :)

Ann's blog said...

Kim, my eyes were first drawn to #3 and if I had to pick a close second it would be #2. Ann ~ Australia

Kathie said...

I like option no. 5 for me it just fits the quilt.
I love the piecing fabrics you chose and want them to be the highlight of the quilt the other borders just seem to be the focus.

good luck choosing
oh it would be fun playing with your strips!
Kathie

Kathie said...

I meant to say 4, FOUR!!!!
do not go out and buy any fabric...number 4 is perfect

Kathie

Sadie said...

I think number 4 is the best match. The top is very pretty :-)

Ann in NJ said...

Option #4. If you have enough of the brighter red stripe in the quilt, I would put a bit between the quilt and the border.

Tolentreasures said...

Four seems to be the overwhelming choice...mine also!

Cathy

Dawn said...

Kim, I like border #1 ~ I love circles :) Great blog!

Margaret said...

I like option 4, but don't know if it blends in too well with your center. Option 3 is nice if you want a bit of contrast. :D But that's just my opinion of course. Nice quilt though! Gotta love those wovens!

Deb said...

I like Option #3 - gives it a bit of punch!

Cari said...

I'm w/Deb on this one - #3.

Margaret's right, #4 blends really well with the fabric.

#3 really makes the whole thing pop. Can't wait to see what you decide.

(please don't include me in the drawing, as I don't quilt (yet))

Littlebit said...

This is fun..I vote for #3! But I can't wait to see what you end up choosing. Um, are you looking for an excuse to buy more fabric? LOLLLLLL! MM

Tracy said...

#5! Please pick #5. That's all I'm sayin.
love ya

Quiltsmiles said...

My preferences are for 2 or 4. They both work well with it. Do whatever makes your heart sing. If you can't decide that way then take little scraps of each one, throw it in a paper sack and then with baited breath, reach in and select one. Tee Hee
Jane

catgerenser said...

Number 4!! I love the softness of the whole piece.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
i like option #4.

Dianna Speakman

Karoline said...

My favourite is no 4

Wendy said...

I think if you want to use something from your stash, #4 works best.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Option #3