Saturday, September 19, 2009

The House Where Ann Lived...

That's what I worked on this evening...and I think you may be able to see some progress from the last pic...finally!



And while I work on the house...brick by brick.....I can't help but let my mind wander to the solid lawn stitching that will also be in my future! But it's all good...in the end I will love it!

Today I went on my typical Saturday morning trip to my fav' Goodwill and was excited to find yet another flower frog to add to my collection! But when I got home...and unwrapped it and really realized what I had this time, I was so happy!

You may remember that Deb has several that she uses to hold her embroidery scissor collection! Well...Deb! Look!



This one was a big chunky one...self-contained! And it works PERFECTLY for my scissors too! Aaaaaat laaaaaaaaast (sung in my best Natalie Cole impressionist voice)......I was so excited! There were three other frogs there that were the lid styles...but I left them there because I already have several. Even though..you know, it IS a collection...and this evening I thought HEY! How cool would it be to paint that bird cage and fill it with all my glass flower frogs! They're difficult to display...they're flat yet round...they don't stack well unless they're contained...I think I might do that! And I think I might go back to my haunt tomorrow and pick up the rest of those frogs...if they're still there! If they are...it was meant to be. ;o)

I'm off now to knit for a bit! I sense a sock completion in my future! And tomorrow....quilting action! Stay tuned!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Jan said...

How cool...I really need to hunt me down a flower frog! That was a great fun, Kim!

Love your progress, you go girl!! And what is a little grass between friends, hey?

Siobhan said...

What a cool flower frog! YGG! I am so impressed with your thrifting prowess.

Great progress on Ann!

Cari said...

OH my gosh -- great stitching and great frog!! I guess I'm going to have to go hunting!! I love this way to dispaly/store scissors. Have a great weekend!!

Margaret said...

Lovely Ann progress! She's going to be gorgeous! I really want to find a good flower frog too. Love your idea for the bird cage and the flower frogs! I'm going to have to go hunting for one of my own.....

Deb said...

I see Kim, I see!!! LOL Way to go in finding it! And you left some behind??? AUGHHHHH! I seriously hope that you ran, not walked back to the store and picked up the other ones. And how funny, I have some of my frogs in a.....you'll never guess......a birdcage. I found a large one at Sam's Club in the clearance section last year and that's where they're living. I'll post a picture in my blog next time I post just for you.

But YGG on the find!! (p.s., I just found two more and a man is holding more for me to look at this week.....should I be committed - do they allow needles and scissors in the nut house?).

BTW, Ann looks wonderful. I am definitely going to have to put that one on my "to do" list!

Linda said...

I absolutely on the hunt now for a flower frog....what a great way to hold scissors. Thanks for the idea!!!!!

Kim said...

Lol, love the scissor frog! You always have such fun with your thrift finds. Beautiful stitching, too. :o)

Deb said...

Hi Kim, Just found your blog - looks terrific. I love the Ann Rayner piece you are working on. Tried to google for a pattern but no luck. Do you know where it may be found?