Sunday, August 16, 2009

Turning Corners ~ Turning Heels ~ and WINNERS!

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! Mine was wonderful...I surely do love the three-day variety!

This weekend I turned a corner.........



on Ann Rayner! YAY! Now I can see what I'm dealing with as far as size! I turned the bottom left corner....and am still lovin' stitching this one! Although that red house is lotsa stitching, I just work a few strands of the house, and then do something in the vicinity to break it up a bit. It's working for me so far and holding my attention! :o)

I also turned a heel this weekend!



I was nervous to try this on, but everything remained on the needles, so it went well! I'm knitting down to 2" from my toe...need to get it done by Saturday. I haven't tried to knit and turn the heel by myself on the second sock...yet. But I will. That's the only way I'll learn---right!? :o)

And we have winners! Thanks so much for all the comments and entries for the giveaway! So many of you commented that you just found my blog etc and I so appreciate the comments and hope you'll become a regular blog visitor!

Now for the winners....

#4 - Beth aka Raggedy Angel! Congrats!! AND........

#20 - Carol R from the UK!! Wooohooo! An international winner!!!

Gals---please email me at kwiltykim@hotmail.com and let me know if you prefer the needle book or the tape measures! Your choice!

For those of you that inquired, I do have some of these left for purchase...and they are $17.99 for my blog readers...your pick! I even have the Blackbird Designs needlebooks too!



Price includes US shipping. Any of these will ship in a flat rate envelope internationally as well, for the actual international postage cost. Just send me a comment or an email!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Jake starts back to school tomorrow...I'm sure it'll be fun around here in the morning! ha!

Until next time...

*Peace!

9 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Your stitchery looks wonderful and I love your socks! That yarn is so pretty. Congrats to the winners.

Cathy

Cari said...

Isn't it a good feeling goin' round the bend? Your stitching is beautiful, and the sock, the sock, the sock! Amazing how the heel works isn't it? Congratulations!! Ya done good!!

Margaret said...

Wow! Ann looks stunning! And your sock -- huge congrats on doing that heel! It's looking grand too. :D I'm so impressed that you can knit socks now. Wanna give lessons? lol! Congrats to the winners of your giveaway!

Karoline said...

Both Ann and the sock are lovely, great progress. Congratulations to the winners

Cari said...

Your socks are great! How fun to learn something new!

Congratulations to the lucky winners! Thanks again for having a giveaway, Kim.

Also, wonderful Progress on Ann - she's beautiful.

Jan said...

Oh my that is looking ever so pretty, Kimmie!! Love it and your sox, boy you are becoming an avid knitter!

Congrats to the winners, these are some awesome prizes!!

Paulette said...

Woohooo, congratulations to the winners!! And your sock looks AMAZING!!!!

Paulette

Rebecca's Tea House said...

You've inspired me to get my second 'heel turned'!

Littlebit said...

Congrats to the winners! Love your stitched piece, Kim..and the sox!! You need to do some in the Cowboy colors, don't cha know?