Friday, August 07, 2009

It's Been a Fabulous Fun & Color Filled Week!

Whew! It's been a blur of week it seems! Am I ever glad it's Friday! Am I ever NOT glad it's Friday? Ahem...no. But I digress...

What a fun week!

I finished knitting the second sock to the stopping point....but look...they don't match...


I'm okay with it though...these are going to be wool socks...for wearing around the house. Besides....it didn't matter which end of the skein I started with, they were not coming out to even remotely match the other. And then it hit me! Because on the first sock....the skein was spliced/knotted together!!! That's why there's a huge blurp of orange to red!! Otherwise they'd be nicely striped like the second sock. But I just overlook that and remind myself these are my FIRST SOCKS!!! Wooohoo! and I started the second one and got it to this point without any direction! I cannot believe it! Tomorrow is the second installment of the class....the heel part! Wish me luck!!!

Then on Tuesday it was my birthday.....yes it's true...I was born on the same day as the Prez.....cool huh? Anyway...the hubs sent a beautimus vase of flowers to the office...



They really brightened my cube AND my work-week. Who doesn't love some colorful gerber daisies! And little tiny miniature roses! And all the COLOR! I LOVE them! And now they're home with me for the weekend!

He also surprised me by going out solo on a thrifting mission...and oh my word did he find two great things for me!!! I can't hardly believe it and have questioned him emphatically about the exact place he found these great prints!

This one is his favorite...and I love the earthy look it has!



And THEN he found THIS...at the same thrift store!!!



The Seamstress!! By Vermeer!!! I couldn't believe it!

Both are prints that have been textured to look like paintings...what's that called anyway? I can't remember...but anyhooo..both were framed by the same framer, so obviously from the same household lot that was donated to Goodwill. I love them both!!

And then today......this arrived...



The new American Jane line from Moda....such FUN color in her fabric lines...I just love them! Not pastel like 30s...more 40s and 50s feel to them. Can't wait to figure out what to do with them!

And these came today as well...



All are great and shall remain in my library! As always, you can find these things in my Ebay listings by clicking on the Ebay link over there in the sidebar.

It's been a great week...I'm glad the weekend is here! Weekends always make me a..



What a fitting name to this fun line and to describe me right about now---Happy Camper! Hope your week's been fun and color-filled as well!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Karol said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day great prints!

Cari said...

Happy Birthday Kim! Sounds like, and looks like you DID have a wonderful week. I LOVE your socks. They are beautiful. Have fun learning to turn the heel...it is just magic. Can hardly wait to see those socks on your very own tootsies... Have a great weekeknd.

Margaret said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Your hubby sounds like a keeper to me! Your socks are great -- so what if they don't match! I would think that would be hard to do with that kind of yarn no matter what. And the other point is -- they match in size! lol! I've heard of socks coming out different sizes. Love all the quilt stuff you're getting in. I'll have to go peek on ebay. :D

Loraine said...

Wow, Hope you had a happy birthday! What great gifts.

Your socks look great too!

Littlebit said...

Happy Birthday, Kim!! What a sweet thing for your hubby to do. Beautiful fabrics, and I can't wait to see what you do with them! Love the socks! MM

Deb said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Kim! Wow did your husband pick up the goods. Both are really wonderful pictures!

And I love your socks! I can't believe them! And I certainly wouldn't worry about them not matching. They're your first ones. As soon as you get these done, we need to have them modeled, don't you know!!

Paulette said...

Oh my gosh,. the socks are to DIE for!!

And what a great job your DH did!! Woohoooo!!!! Great finds!!

Happy Birthday again!!

Paulette

Jennifer said...

I absolutely love Vemeer artwork. You have alot of goodies this week and if this is your first pair of socks, oh my gosh, you are doing great!!!
My daughter painted The Girl with a Pearl Earring by Vermeer and its over my fireplace now.

Jennifer
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com

Cari said...

Happy Birthday, Kim!

What a wonderful husband you have! His finds are wonderful and the flowers are so pretty. I always love it when my husband takes time to find me gifts on his own, as he is famous for his "do you want to go shopping for your birthday/christmas gifts" and it becomes a joint effort. My favorite gifts are those he found on his own.

Have you found a place to hang your pictures?

Your socks are coming along nicely!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to you, what wonderful gifties you got. Those pictures are just fabulous. The socks are gorgeous too, can't wait to see them complete. I love all the fabrics, I wish I could dive into all the moda fabrics, they are all just so pretty. xoxo

Melissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday! How did I miss that. Looks like the husband treated you RIGHT! What a great guy.