Sunday, August 02, 2009

If You Give a Pig a Facial

So Saturday was a fantabulous day of junkin' with dear friend, Kimm, and we had a blast! Found lots of treasures....one of which was of the porcine variety.....and three bucks.

He has not a name (yet.....any suggestions?).....and clearly had seen his share of food fights, as the evidence was splattered on his face. He was in need of some pampering....

So I gave a pig a facial....



and a relaxing soak.....



and now he's standing proudly in the kitchen!



He was ever so grateful for the pampering facial! Now if only he had a name!

Today I was so excited because, without teacher direction, I remembered how to, and actually cast on and have been knitting on THE SECOND SOCK!



I think I'll have two socks ready for heels by Saturday's class! Woooohoooo!!!

Hope you've had a great weekend!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

I LOVE that pig!!!! Wow, he really was dirty, wasn't he? lol! Couldn't tell he was white in the first picture! I also love that sock yarn -- what gorgeous colors!!! And yes, one of the things I always have to review in knitting is casting on. lol! Just don't knit enough, that's all!

Cari said...

It's so much fun to find those dirty treasures isn't it? Love the sock yarn...the colors are beautiful. Have fun turning the heel..it's amazing!! Knitting socks is one of my favorite things.... Have a great week!!

Tolentreasures said...

Pierre? Percy? Pedro? What a cute find! You are doing great on the socks! Wish I had the motivation to get back to them.
Have a great week!

Cathy

Siobhan said...

What a cute little treasure! Love the knitting pics, too. I always forget how to knit between one wonky scarf to the next. Love the colors in the yarn!

Jennifer said...

Love the socks! I wish I could just pick up knitting again but when I made a mistake I couldn't figure out how to fix it.
Jennifer
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com

Gayle said...

LOL - Don't you know pigs LOVE to be dirty?

Littlebit said...

Cracking up at Gayle's comment..you didn't even have to bathe him! LoL! Can't wait to see those sox finished. You're so multitalented. BTW..I got a note that my fabric has been "carefully measured, cut, and packaged." Thanks for all of your help! MM

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Great piggy find! I'd call him Curly (love those curly, piggy tails)!

Great job on the socks - can't wait to see you model them on your sweet feet!

Loraine said...

The pig is really great! Three bucks is a bargain. I wish I could go "junkin" with you. You seem to know just the right places.

Take care!

Paulette said...

I vote to name him Flannigan. I have no idea why, other than he looks like a Flannigan to me. LOL

Paulette