Saturday, August 22, 2009

Colors That Filled My Day!!

Found a fabbo Broyhill Collection rollback chair...

My new stitching spot! :o) Will detract the pinkish tones with quilts, but all in all I love the chair! Now to find/build an ottoman!

Vintage print....

So cool huh!? Found this today...St Cecilia...vintage framed and WOW the color!

Slow harvest this year...

Slowly but surely the garden is producing! Don't you love the colors of produce?? :o)

Pumpkins are coming along great!

I can almost smell the falling leaves!

Dessert tonight...

California peaches and blueberries...YUM! And love the blue/orange combo every time! It's that whole color wheel thing...

And the sock...

the sock, the sock, the sock.....

Oh the SOCK! One DONE! Wooohooo! The second one is almost ready for the heel to be turned! I can't quite believe it...but *I* am a sock knitter! :o)

Hope your day was filled with color and fun today!

*Peace!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

Great Sock!! I will NEVER be a sock knitter. I don't even entertain the thought of knitting socks! You can buy them at the store with no swearing involved! Lovely pics too.

Margaret said...

Can I have your rollback chair? lol! Love that fabric on it! Love all the pics -- dessert looks yummy, and your garden produce is impressive! As for your sock, ygg! Wow! It looks perfect too! I'm impressed! Now I need to learn. Someday. Not high on my priority list right now. :D

Jennifer said...

Love your discussion of colors and all your pics! Your socks look GREAT! Wish I could knit.
They look just right for Fall.
I'm so ready for Fall too.

Jennifer
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com/

Cari said...

I am lovin' your colorful post. Way too much fun. Congrats on your sock...don't you just love it? I really, really, really enjoy knitting socks. So portable and colorful. Have a great weekend..you're off to a fantastic start!

Deb said...

Kim, I just love your sock - what great colors and I give you so much credit for being able to do that. I'd get to the heel and run like heck. And your chair - I really love the fabric on that - reminds me of some great quilting fabric. And the produce - so colorful. This has got to be the best time of the year - all the wonderful things are coming in now!!

Melissa said...

You always find the coolest stuff! Your sock looks perfect. My garden was a flop this year but I love seeing the pictures of your harvest.

Siobhan said...

I love that roll back chair!! Fabulous! The dessert... yummo. The sock is wonderful--YGG!

Cari said...

Hooray for your sock finish - Congratulations, Kim!

Love, love your new chair -the colors and pattern are wonderful!

Littlebit said...

LOVE your chair fabric, Kim! Your garden harvest looks so wonderful; I'm envious! Mine did nothing..we've just not had enough summer weather in the Heartland. Great job on your sock..MM

Linda said...

That's for the sock posting so Inspiring. I'm working on my second pair of socks. I have one sock done and ready to start my second sock; however, it has been several months now since my knitting class so I'm a little concerned about the heel. Oh well, I'll give it a whirl. Linda