Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hello! My Name Is Kim....

and IIIII...am a SOCK KNITTER!!!! At least the class instructor says I am now...



I'm still not entirely comfortable calling myself a sock knitter....but by golly...I think I've caught on to this DPN thing! Wooohoo! What a relief! That's my progress to date. My homework is to get 6" knit before the next class on the 8th. I'm already hooked....it was verrrrry hard not to just sit and knit knit knit today!

Instead...I decided I best do a bit of other creative activity. Like, for instance, I needed to do something about the fact that I have absolutely NO QUILTS in the works! WHA? So not like me! So I fixed that!

I took these....



and cut them in to these....



and I will use these....



to put together my next quilt! I spied a pic of an antique quilt that I'm going to use as my inspiration. No rush...I will just sew a few Thangles units here and there and hopefully, before I know it, I will have massive amounts of half-square triangles.

And so as not to ignore Ann...I worked a bit on her this evening and here's my progress....



I don't foresee putting her down to start on something else now...as was my original plan. I'm enjoying seeing her come together, so will keep her on the top of the stitching pile!

It was a great weekend all around....activities...weather....creativity....just fabulous!

I'm in for a short week (WOOOOOOHOOO!) and it's Jeans for Charity week, so I get to wear jeans the 4 days I'm in the office. The only thing that could be better is if I didn't have to go in at all! :o)

Hope your weekend was just as great!

*Peace!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your sock!!!! Great colors in the yarn -- congrats on becoming a sock knitter! You'll have to teach me now. lol! I think I need to pick up some of those thangle things sometime. Sure takes the accuracy issue away. Loooove your Ann Rayner!!!!!!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Love the socks - my gosh - you quilt, you stitch, you knit - you're fabulous! Ann is looking gorgeous - what a beautiful sampler.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

She quilts ~ she stitches ~ she knits!!! But does she hook?? Apparently, not just yet!! We'll wait patiently to see what 'she' creates when she becomes a 'hooker'!!!

woolwoman said...

Well I hook and believe me it is HARD to juggle all those things LOL (I started to say "juggle all those balls" but I didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression LOL)Kim you're sock is off to a great start - it can be daunting to deal with DPN to begin with. I am not a particularly happy sock knitter - I just prefer to do something else - now sock yarn - I LOVE but just not the sock knitting part. You asked about the Jared Flood Noro scarf - so simple dear hear - you use at least 2 different colorways of Silk Garden or Kureyon and you need 2 balls of each color way - Cast on 39 stitches or was it 37 - anyway - you just do 1kp1 ribbing on the first row - 2nd row slip the first and last stitch as if to purl and change to the different color on row 3 and carry your extra colorway up the side. Any questions - email me - Love your Ann Rayner! Cheers! Melody

Karoline said...

Great sock and Ann is looking lovely. Looking forward to seeing the quilts

Paulette said...

Wow!!!!!!!! I'M SO JEALOUS OF THAT PARTIAL SOCK!!! Oh gosh, I want you to start ebaying your socks so I can buy some! LOL Fantastic!

And the quilt and Ann are looking fabulous too! :)

Paulette

Stef said...

Great start on your socks - and the yarn is beautiful! Can't wait to see the new quilt you are going to put together!

Anonymous said...

So happy to see that you are working on my Ann Rayner sampler. It is one of my favorites. Nancy, Threads Through Time