Sunday, June 14, 2009

Whew! Made It Just In Time!!!!!

Whew! It's been a whirlwind of a week and weekend, but I did it! Accomplished the two goals for the week!

Yesterday I finished the summer ric-rac quilt! A great Kaffe print for the back and binding....simple cross hatch quilting.....


and then jumbo ric-rac applied for an inner border effect....


I think it's just enough! And it's ready for the hand work!

Granted, now I have approximately 63 yards of jumbo chestnut ric-rac....anyone interested? I'll pass it on at my cost of .70/yd...so shoot me an email if you want the spool shipped to you next! :o)

I caught lots of stitching time through the evenings this week while watching the Stanley Cup playoffs....and finally...FINALLY shortly after 10:00PM this evening...I finished the Blackbird Designs Mystery Sampler That's Not!









I'm excited to think about what I'll start next in the stitching category AND the quilting category!!!

And the Random Number Generator has said that Comment #11 is the winner of the April Cornell Plaids!

#11 was ROBIN HILL QUILTS....Those pretty plaids would be perfect for my "bunny tales" quilt I am making ...
i have your blog posted as one of my favs...

Thanks SO MUCH for taking time to leave your comments and stay tuned for even more giveaways!!!

Robin Hill Quilts....send me your address and I'll ship off the lovely plaids for your 'bunny tales' quilt project!

Hope everyone had a fun and productive week and weekend! We will now resume our regularly scheduled blogging!

*Peace!

11 comments:

CabbageQuilts said...

wow, the ric rac looks great on the quilt. And your stitchery is amazing. Fabulous xo

EclecticStitcher said...

Love, the quilt, love the plaids, and love the ric rac!! Where do you buy the ric rac?
Lauralee >^.^<

Melissa said...

Kim-the quilt looks great! You are amazing at how you start and finish these projects.

Congrats on the finishing the BBD mystery that's not. It's a beautiful piece.

Margaret said...

Nice finishes! I always love to see what you have going. That quilt is just great with the ric rac! And of course I love the BBD mystery.....

Jan said...

Love how the ric rac looks with the plaids, it is so going to be gorgeous, Kimmie! Big congrats, now get the last of it done!!

YAY to the Mystery Not Sampler finish!! It is truly truly gorgeous!!! What ARE you are going to work on now?

Deb said...

That ric rac really looks great on that quilt. I never would have thought of putting that on a quilt, but it looks really nice! And congrats on finishing the BBD Mystery Sampler! But boo-hoo on the Wings losing! :(

Karoline said...

They're both lovely, congratulations

Paulette said...

Congratulations to Robin Hill Quilts!! Woohooo!! And I LOOOOVE your sampler... oh my gosh, it's fabulous!! And your giant ric-rac quilt! Ooooh.... love!!

Paulette

Katrina said...

Love the quilt and the BBD piece! Congrats on the finishes :-).

Littlebit said...

Oh, Kim..that BBD is absolutely STUNNING!! And so is your quilt! MM

Love to Stitch said...

Beautiful Quilt!! Terrific feeling to get such a beauty finished!!! OUTSTANDING BBD finish! Love the pictures too, nice depth!! I cant wait to stitch that one!!