Friday, June 26, 2009

Quite The Week....Dontcha Think?

I'm glad it's Friday....I was saddened by the passing of Farrah Fawcett, even though it was expected...and I am still just stunned about the death of Michael Jackson. I was a fan from an early age....and I can easily liken this to what Elvis's passing must have been to another generation. I'm sure he's found peace now, though.

I've been sewing strips here and there...and this morning at the buttcrack of dawn, I was cutting more! I'll continue piecing this weekend and hopefully will have some blocks to show you by the end of the weekend!

Tomorrow I'm going to a quilt lecture and trunk show on reproduction quilts! My fav'!!! I haven't been to a quilt function in a very very very long time, having phased out guild meetings etc. So this will be great fun!

I'm glad the hectic work week is over! And...as suspected..without any suggestion from me, the doc immediately said she wanted to order blood work to check the ol' thyroid. So we'll see what that shows next week. Either I'll be stopping off at the pharmacy for an Rx...or it's off to Foot Locker for some walkin' shoes!!!

In searching online for one of my very favorite songs by Michael Jackson...I found this! I LOVE it! My fav' song...by one of my absolute FAVORITE artists---James Morrison! This guy's voice just SENDS me! Hope you enjoy it!



*Peace!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Fingers crossed on the blood test -- I hope the results are what you're hoping for! :D I was never a huge Michael Jackson fan, but I still can't believe he died. I do think it's eerily like Elvis's death. So sad. Can't wait to see the quilt! :D

Katrina said...

Hope the thyroid tests come out okay!

I really liked Michael Jackson, separate from his issues in his latter years. My favorite song by him is The Way You Make Me Feel :-).

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Good luck on the blood-work Kim! I'm one of the few people I know who have an overactive thyroid and GAIN weight. Even though mine is overactive, it acts as though it's under active ~ it's extremely frustrating!

Have fun at your lecture! Looking forward to seeing your pieced quilt!

Deb said...

Good luck with the bloodwork, Kim. I hope you have fun at your lecture. I miss going to quilt guild meetings. They were so enabling - probably something that I don't need! LOL Especially since my sewing room still isn't put together.

I was stunned by MJ's death too. I grew up with his music and still like it now.

Can't wait to see what new quilt you're working on.