Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Maybe tomorrow!!

Yes...I know...procrastination is a horrid habit.....but it's just too darn hot to pick up a needle...so maybe tomorrow I'll work a little more on The Chosen One........I've decided to spend a little time, again, with Ann Rayner. This is the state I left her in....



It's time...she's due for some attention--don't you think? I'm thinking of working on her until I get the first page done...which would be equal to a quadrant of the sampler. We'll see. I don't like to put deadlines and such on my stitching. Kinda takes the fun out of it for me!

I have a pile of Jo Morton fabrics and other miscellaneous civil war repros out on the cutting table. After seeing this post from Be*Mused I fell in love with that log rail fence and think I need to make one! Heck...I loved most ALL of those quilts she posted about and have them saved in a folder for future projects! The color...OOOH the color!!!

Yes....it's been a hot one today...but I still am winning the war against the A/C! They're saying 70s still this week..and nights in the 50s...I just can't do it yet! Once the house is closed up and the A/C is running...it's over...until September....so I'm holding out as long as I can!

I may have to sit with a fan in front of me tomorrow just so I can stitch! :o)

*Peace!

9 comments:

Maren said...

Wow, that log fence project looks ambitious! It's probably my untrained eye, since I don't quilt...yet...but I certainly do admire the work that went into making those fabrics so darn stunning in the end. I'm like you, I just love the colors.

Margaret said...

I LOVE Ann Raynor! I'm so glad you're picking her up again! I have her on my todo list of course. I was lucky enough to have an online friend send it to me. :D I love that rail fence quilt -- I know you will do something absolutely spectacular with that pattern. You have such an eye for color. Can you give it to me? lol!

Jan said...

I can't wait to see your start of that log fence project, it sounds so neat!!! And Ann Raynor is gorgeous, so can't wait to see what else comes to life with your needle and thread.

You crack me up, I would be so hot, couldn't stand it, well just call me weak-willed and self-indulgent!!! I don't like the heat, I would have already cranked that baby on, but I admire your perseverence, Kimmie!:)

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

The Ann Raynor sampler is gorgeous - I've never seen it before (at least I don't think I have). The new quilt project looks like a beauty - can't wait to see your progress on that!

Laurie in Iowa said...

The log fence quilt looks wonderful... I can't wait to see your version of the quilt.

My a/c went on last night. It wasn't so much the temps, the 80s, but the heavy humid air that did me in.... I was fogging up my Dazor.

The two Corgis were very grateful too!

Siobhan said...

I don't think I've seen Ann Raynor before. Hmmm. She is BEAUTIFUL! Great start. Good luck with the war against the AC. Me, I hate being hot, so that thing went on as soon as it hit the 70s when I lived in the US. Here we don't usually need it... but I sneak the windows open at night because I prefer to be cold. LOL

Have a great weekend!

Paulette said...

Oh wow, Ann is looking amazing! I love her!!!

Btw, I'm so excited about Threadheads Online!!!

Paulette

Tolentreasures said...

I am with you on the air conditioning...we are trying to get through the summer without using it also! Your sampler looks great!

Cathy

Loraine said...

Can't wait to see your rail quilt! Great colors indeed.

Ann Raynor is looking great as well. I think you should break down and turn on the A/C. 70's sounds like perfect weather to me! I don't like it when it's hotter than 80, but 70's is pure heaven.

Have a great weekend.