Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Where Has The Week Gone (aka It's Almost FRIDAY!)

Welll....this week's getting away from me and I haven't blogged in a while! I soooo thoroughly enjoyed my 4 days in a row off....seriously.....it was a tough TOUGH Tuesday at the office.....but then today was Wednesday and got through that...so I see a light at the end of the tunnel and it's called "5:00 on Friday"!

I finished up the long weekend with some more stitching on the BBD piece.....didn't get as far along as I'd like, but still progressing! I'm thinking of switching the order....and doing part 4 as part 3 and part 3 as part 4! Whatdya think about that? Then it will start with the alphabet and end with the verse....I think it'll look more balanced!

In other news......I came home at lunch and was greeted by two large Moda boxes courtesy of the brown truck. YAY!


Lots of yummy plaids and then some........er....uh..............{{whisper*christmas*whisper}} lines. I know, I KNOOOOW! It's not even Memorial Day.....let alone July! But the fabbies are coming! Check out my ebay link to the right to see what's new!

In other news...Alice over at Folk Art Primitives has started a new rug and it's making me REALLY want to get started with what's certain to be a new fiber obsession!!! But first I'll need to finish up the Turning Twenty quilt that's all cut out and waiting to be pieced together...AND I want to get a few quilts cranked through the Bernina and get some done! I'm just sure I'll be getting a call soon from the machine quilter saying I have several quilts ready! It's been a while since I dropped them off...so hopefully that call will come soon and I'll have some FINISHED as in QUILTED quilts to show you!

Hope your week's going along smoothly!!!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Short weeks are wonderful, aren't they? :D Glad your 4 day weekend was great. Love those fabbies you got in -- you're trying to tempt me again, I can tell! lol! But I'm doing my best to be on a stash diet sooooooo..... I'll drool at least.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Wow! You got quite a little stash today!! I love seeing all those bundles of fabric ~ I used to be a doll maker and just love nice cottons! And thanks for the sweet words about my new rug ~ wish you were closer, you'd be hooking in no time!! Looking forward to seeing those finished quilts!!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

My week has flown by too, Kim! Love all your fabrics and can't wait to see the next quilty pic!!! Love what you do!

Deb said...

I swear Christmas comes earlier and earlier. Am going to have to check out that fabric though. I love seeing all that fabric! Glad to hear that you had a great weekend. Hope that you got a lot done. And tomorrow is Friday - ya hoo! Hope to see a new pic of whatever you're working on soon!

Jan said...

Egads, those fabrics look yummy, Kimmie!! The temptation is growing, I would love to learn how to quilt!!!

I agree on the mystery sampler, I thought the same thing (great minds think alike) and I think you should switch the parts!;)

kimquiltz said...

I so jealous! Can't wait to see what you do with those beautiful stacks of Moda goodness.

Littlebit said...

OMG, I know those fabrics are too yummy, and no one does fabric like Moda! I tried my best to mess up my Bistro quilt! Maybe with a little more practice I can totally destroy one. MM

Paulette said...

Aaaargh, I'm so jealous!!!! They are to die for!!!! Packaging and all!! LOL

Paulette

Melissa said...

Kim--did you have to post a link to Alice's site. Good grief, I love that rug with the house and the boat. I cannot, will not take up one more fiber related hobby, nope, not going to happen. I'm serious!

I'm already trying to figure out what to do with Kathy Barrick's Punch Needle Mermaid stocking. I am not going to punch needle either but I want to make that stocking.