Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Warning! Contains Mild Language, Brief Nudity (Doggy) & S.E.X (Stash Enhancement eXperience)

Well we had quite the day yesterday! Whew! Poor Emmitt.....yes...he's the one that's going to have his 'business' posted here in blogland for all the world to see.

We were out for a long work-out walk...Emmitt and I...yesterday...enjoying the fabulous weather...mapped out a nice long walk..a new route. Emmitt was trotting along...everything was just peachy...birds were singing...sun was shining....life was good! Until we got to the 5500 block of 37th & Gibson. *SIGH* We're walking along, Emmitt on his leash checking out all the new surroundings....and I spy a somewhat elderly gentleman out grooming his shrubs....with his faithful companion of a monster of a large yellow lab beside him....UNLEASHED!! Emmitt did not spy this beast....so I stopped walking and thought it best if I scooped up Emmitt and carried him past this danger zone. No sooner did I bend down and put my arms under Emmitt, this beast of a dog was ON him...like ATTACKING him! Poor Emmitt!! He didn't see it coming...and it happened so fast! Damn dog! That lab had Emmitt in his jaws...and started to whip it's head with Emmitt in his teeth! Emmitt's yelping, I can't BELIEVE this is happening and start yelling..thinking I'm going to have a mangled bloody dog when this ends.....and finally (though I'm sure it was mere seconds...it felt longer)..FINALLY the man came and pulled his dog off of Emmitt. The man felt horrible...he was so apologetic and was just beside himself and almost..ALMOST as upset as I was! We checked him out...and he seemed fine. We thought the lab had his legs.....but then once I got Emmitt home (yeah..the walk ended at that point)...we checked him out and discovered this...

The lab actually had Emmitt's GUT in her mouth....note the puncture wounds and the bruising today. Poor little guy. Needless to say he was freaked...and is still spooked a bit. But it doesn't seem any blood was drawn....Emmitt's tough little skin won out over evil lab teeth this time. I daresay his ribcage helped stop any damage as well. He did 'shart' himself a bit during the altercation, but that's excusable I would say! ;o)

Nothing like holiday excitement huh!?

Today I had more excitement! Packages! I love getting packages---don't you? "S"tash "E"nhancement e"X"periences are wonderful! And I received a couple today!

First up...

Remember this post where I was ga-ga over Sue Spargo's Mercer Lane quilt! Forget that it was over a year ago....I do make big plans...just takes me a while to get things going sometimes! I was so excited to find out that the sweet gals over at Yellow Bird Art would kit it up for me!!! So I've been stalking my post office box waiting for this....

Lovely packaging...no?.....

It's HERE!!! A bag full of dyed wool goodness and trims and who the heck knows what else! I haven't opened it completely and dug in to it yet!! YAY!!! I'm a sucker for packaging and freebies! And they do not disappoint on either of those! Look at this cute little baggie of goodies!

I love the fabric square and the YELLOW BIRD! How clever! I wonder if they send these out with each and every order? Could be a cool quilt if you get this with every order! And chocolate..and a funky button!

Very nice! I check out their website often and love their funky look.....and it's only a 4 hours drive from me, so ...Hey! Paulette! When we do our road trip..maybe we need to go across northern Iowa! Just a thought...

And I found this oldie but goodie on Ebay!

I tend to have an eclectic appetite when it comes to lots of things, and quilts are no exception. I love primitive, I love civil war repros, I love funky, I love Kaffe, I love Asian prints, I love artsy quilts. And I can see some of these cool prim Red Wagon patterns done up in funky Kaffe fabrics for a fun twist! Maybe not specific quilts out of THIS book, but definitely I see it in my future!

And so I'll end my rambling post...and I'm off to pick up a needle! I promise BBD progress pics soon! Hope everyone's weekend was a little less eventful than Emmitt's! ;o)

*Peace!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Poor Emmitt!!! OMG! The poor thing must be so traumatized! Are you sure he's ok? :( I feel for you and Emmitt both. ARgh!!!!

On nicer subjects -- again with the OMG! I love that quilt!!!!!!!! It's going to be fantastic! Wow!!!! I don't blame you for being a mail stalker for that package of goodies. I can't wait to see you whip this one up! Yum!

Kim said...

Well now this thing with Emmitt and "the MONSTER yellow lab" sounds rather serious. In concern for other Emmitts and Kims who might walk past that dog in the future, well I would suggest a little chat with your local animal control officer, maybe a little old report filed and an eval. of this lab's lack of social grace...could have been your head in that set of jaws, ya know?

On to more fun and far less threatening topics! I know how you feel about soft packages arriving in the mail, I am anticipating a little fabric package in my post box this week, too, lol, tee hee...you sure do come up with some fun quilty things! Love that quilt - so pretty and just perfect!

Hope the rest of this week goes smoothly, dog bite free and all that jazz. Take care of our little Emmitt! Poor little guy...tsk tsk!

Deb said...

Kim - you crack me up with all the quilt designers you love!

And Emmit - how absolutely horrible. Thank goodness there was no real harm done to him although he must have really been besides himself.

Okay, back to the quilts. Love all the goodies you got and that chart on Ebay. I've got one from that company around somewhere. I haven't made it fully into my quilt cabinet yet. But I can see why you stalk the mailman - with packages like that, I would too!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Poor little Emmitt... I get so annoyed when people allow their dogs to be off leash in town. They also seem to be the people that have the least control over their dogs too!

Yellow Bird is one of my quilt shops... about a 40 minute drive. So, when you and Paulette take your road trip to sure to stop by Decorah and pick me up!

It's a wonderful small shop in the river town of Lansing. Lots of other neat artsy type shops in the area.

Siobhan said...

Awww, poor little Emmitt, I would have sharted myself, too. I won't go off about dogs that are not leashed by their owners, but suffice it to say, it is a major pet peeve of mine. Pun not intended. The Fluffinator has been dangled on the end of his leash as I furiously scooped him up, saving him from unleashed dogs, more than once. Super. Freaking. Annoying. Poor little guy, hope he heals quickly.

Lovely quilty goodies!!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

I can't believe the Emmitt story! Poor baby! You must have been so frightened yourself. I have never heard of a lab attacking another dog - that one doesn't sound right - I agree with Kim - a call may be in order.

Great quilty stash!!

Katrina said...

Poor Otto! Hope he's feeling much better.

Love all the quilty pictures too.

Kimberly Mason said...

Glad Emmitt is OK! Scary stuff, I've been there too.

Stef said...

I gasped when I read about Emmitt!! I hope he's on the mend soon, he looks really sore - poor baby! Psyco lab sounds really scary!