Friday, May 15, 2009

Fruitful Friday!

Well...here we are at another weekend! YAY! The work day went fine....passed fairly quickly I guess. That's always nice!

After work it was time for a trip to the vet for Emmitt....

"WHERE are we going?"

On the way to the vet....I drove by a garage sale...

tis the season and I love scavenging for bargains and unique items!!! But no time to stop.....vet appointment was waiting...

Time for his vaccinations......all's well with the little footstool. ;o) Tomorrow he gets groomed...his summer schnauzer cut....going to a new groomer so stay tuned to see how he turns out!!!??!?! EEEEEK!

I was bestowed a bag of that good ol' Amish Friendship Bread starter from a sweet coworker at the office...and today was the day to turn it into bread.

If you've never made this bread...it's super easy and you can pretty much dump anything in to the sourdough starter. This time around I opted for pineapple and coconut....

and it is yummy!!!

After the baking session I couldn't stand it any longer and I trudged back up the street to the garage sale. I picked up a couple nice Wearever copper molds...fruit shaped!! A cluster of grapes and a cornucopia...in fabulous condition! 50 cents each! Score! :o) They were in a "50 cents box" under some pillows. I was tickled to find them!

Oh....and this came home with me......or rather the kind guys were nice enough to load it up and deliver it...

I'm pleased....$75! solid! dovetail joints in the drawer....sound! I'm sure eventually it will see a coat of paint maybe, but for now I'm just thrilled that it fits perfectly on the wall I had envisioned it on....and the wood matches my burl wood frames! So I will enjoy it in it's "I've Got Some History" state for now!

I've been drinking Starbucks House Blend since 9:00PM! yes...P M.....I think I'll head downstairs and get that quilt top put together! Creative updates tomorrow!!!

Thanks, as always, for stopping by and for your comments! :o)

*Peace!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Can't wait to see how Emmit looks with his new haircut. :D Good deal on your $75 find! I nabbed a mission style sewing rocking chair (there's a drawer in the side which is what makes it a sewing rocker) up in RI for $40. :D Isn't it great to get furniture for the amount of money you'd spend on a good dinner out? Can't wait to see the quilt results!

Leah said...

Very nice garage sale find! I'm envious!! There are lots of garage sales in my neighborhood, but since I'm moving I have to abstain. :(

Deb said...

What an excellent garage sale find! Absolutely beautiful table and what a deal! We had some in our neighborhood this weekend, but nothing that called for me to spend money! Hope you got a lot of quilting done charged up on all that coffee!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Ooooh, great find at the garage sale! Can't wait to see Emmit - before we got Sophie and Gracie we had a mini black schnauzer named Snowball (Matt named her when he was in first grade). She was the best dog!
Can't wait to see your quilt - oh, and your stitched pieces look awesome above the sideboard!!!

Paulette said...

Awesome find!! Woohoo, congrats!!

Paulette