Saturday, May 30, 2009

Another Saturday Treasure Hunt and the Next Quilt

What a glorious day it was today here in South Dakota! Just beautiful...I dare say perfect! Emmitt's on the mend! YAY! Thanks for your comments on the little guy! He's tough...but we won't be taking that walking route again. Even on a super nice day like today!

It was such a nice day that Dear Daughter and I decided to venture out to run errands and treasure hunt! Well...she didn't really decide to treasure hunt, but that's what happens when you ride along with mom!

First stop was the post office to drop off some fabric...next stop---Starbucks...Can you say Venti Chai Tea Frap! OH MY! Run and get one! You will LOVE it!!! After driving thru the Great Green Canopy...off to the bread store to get some fresh baked bread. Then the treasure hunt began. We hit my usual haunts and picked up a few goodies...but then...THEN we went to the Y's Buys thrift store....it's been open for quite a while but I've just never made it in for a visit. I figured things would be a little more high-priced because they renovated a large old grocery store space...and it looked really nice so figured maybe not so many bargains to be had. WRONG!

I found these cool little boxes to add to my collection...


I love the inlay one...it resembles patchwork, no? :o)

And THEN I was giddy when I spied both of these original paintings.....granted they don't actually GO together, though they obviously were owned by the same person and that person had them framed the same...


I will not be hanging them together, but I LOVE them! $4.99 each!!!! WOWZERS! Love!!!

But the SCORE....the big winner of the day...........this


lovely old drop leaf table!!! Came with two leafs (leaves) but I'm not looking to expand this beauty. Of course it's a project...would I come home with anything less? LOL But here's the best part.........$39.99 I could not believe my eyes! I raced home...bribed the hubs into cleaning out the back of his truck and off we went to bring this beauty home! I can see it painted a nice flat black...or???? maybe something else! Any suggestions for the overhaul? I'd love to hear from you!

I did get the next quilt ready for sewing......


Oooooh...jumbo ric rac!!!! Oooooh...aaaaah...April Cornell summery plaids!!!


More to come.........

*Peace!

8 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Great finds, Kim! You're right, the table is awesome - I'll be anxious to see how you finish it! Love the quilt fabrics and that ric-rak is awesome!

Kim said...

What a fun day you had. Love the box - totally quilty and that table would look sharp in black or white-ish. The fabric and ric-rak is very summery sweet. What are you making with that?

Jan said...

OH Kimmie, love your finds, especially that wonderful dropleaf! Yes, I say go for that black, it will be awesome!!!!

Sorry, missed your last post, glad to hear that Emett is on the mend!!

Deb said...

Those are some great finds Kim. The table is fantastic and can't wait to see how you finish. And I can't wait to see this quilt with the jumbo rickrack! I love those fabrics too!

Anonymous said...

Hello Kim, So sorry to read about Emett, hope he's ok. My dog (black lab, gentle giant) was attacked by a terrier, it bit through the skin on his neck. A few days later the wound was swollen, and he had a high temp and very lathargic. Took him to vets and the wound was infected so had to have antibiotics. Just saying this incase Emmet shows any poorly signs. Take care, will e.mail soon. Love Julia UK

Siobhan said...

Wow, Kim, what fabulous finds!! The fabric is sooooo pretty, too!

Paulette said...

Wow, at all the treasures you found!! I love that inlaid box.. how cool is that! And yes, definitely paint the table black... ooooohhhh.....lovely!!!

Paulette

Littlebit said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your little dog! I know it's old news by now, but my computer has once again had to be admitted. That thing better flatline this time! LOVE your new/old goodies!Can't wait to see what you do with that table. MM