Saturday, May 02, 2009

Another One Marked Off the List

Well hello and Happy Saturday Night!! It was a lazy morning....I actually slept IN until 8:30! I guess that's what happens when you take a Benadryl at midnight....I slept like a baby!

So it was a lazy morning pretty much...it was so sunny and nice-looking outside but I didn't dare go out.....the constant coughing had subsided in the night, so no sense in adding allergens to the mix!

This afternoon, I finally made it downstairs to the studio and yep....I got the quilt put together!

I almost stopped right here....

because I realized after it was too late that I didn't have enough of the batik for the border.....so heck....what would be wrong with just two borders? But I took a break from it and then ended up going back down and finishing it up with cornerstones..

I like the fix! I do like how this turned out...and I did use setting #2, as you can see. I think what was throwing me off a bit was all the LIGHTS! So I do think after this is quilted, I'm going to overdye it and calm down the lights a bit. But I like the addition of the warm golden-green batik as the border....warms things up a little...and I love that fabric paired with the vivid saturated blue!

Sam likes it too....

Next up.....

Turning Twenty with these fabulous Andover fabrics! No lights here! YEAH! :o) After I took this pic, I continued to go ahead and press these beauties while rockin' out and dancin' around the studio to my Train cd collection! C'mon...you dance around your studio too, don't you? When nobody's watching? Sure you do! It's aerobic activity! MUST dance around the sewing room! And it's FUN!

The kitchen's cleaned up....and now I'm getting ready to work on the BBD sampler! Aaaaaaah! A Happy Saturday it is!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

wow! That turned out beautifully! I love to wrap myself up in quilt when I'm napping or stitching. I have a favorite that Deb made for me and it's just the prettiest thing! Great job on resolving the too little fabric dilemma.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

You are something, Miss Kim!! You get more accomplished than most people I know! The border looks great ~ good improve!! Where at Lake Erie is your hubby ~ our lake place is in Port Clinton ~ walleye capitol of the world!!!!!!!!!

Bre said...

I love love love the fabrics!

Margaret said...

I love how your quilt turned out! Beauteeful! And the fabrics for your next lovely. Yum! Love those oranges and reds! And the blues too. :D Can't wait to see!

Jan said...

Amazing work, Kimmie, and I love the way you bordered! Be sure and share when you antique it, I know it will be gorgeous!!!

Have fun today, and oh tomorrow, if you are still off work!!

Kim said...

The borders are just what this quilt needed, warms it up and tones down some of the funky things that layout does to my eyes. I so envy people who are not affected by pattern. So, what's coming next? I'm waiting to see. Two more days could bring another quilt top!

Kim said...

PS: I went back to look at the two layout choices for this quilt. I think you chose the better of the two. The first left odd meetings of color where the blocks met in the corners. This attic windows look is a very good choice indeed...even if it does make my head swim, lol.

Siobhan said...

Oh wow, it's freakin' gorgeous!! Great job. YGG!

Melissa said...

Good grief Kim you are a quilting maniac! I do have most of my squares cut out. No sewing yet. I think you've completed two or three tops since I started on mine.

It looks great!

Deb said...

Kim, I dance around my craft room more than I would want anyone ever to know. I love your quilt and how you compensated with the corner block. And I really like the fabric for your next project! You know Kim, you're going to get me back quilting yet! LOL Oh by the way - any fish caught yet? The weather has held out!

Littlebit said...

Kim, you put everyone I know to shame with your productivity! Love the way your quilt turned out. I'd say you've used your weekend very well. Um, I guess you already know tomorrow is Monday, right? I know..me too..as much as I LOVE my job, I have had way too much fun digging in the dirt this weekend. MM