Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF AND a Fun Mail Day!! Can It Get ANY Better??

Yessss!!! On this fantabulous Friday, I came home at lunch and there was a box from Moda....pincushions and needlecases...right on time! I ran out to the mailbox and there it was! The greatly anticipated Priority Mail envelope arrived that contained these!

Aaaah...at long last...NEEDLEWATCH 2009 is officially over! John James Petites are in the house! I see serious stitching in my weekend future! Notice the lovely background quilt? Aaaaah...tis so lovely! THAT was a gift I received a couple weeks ago from a super special lady.....a quilted tablerunner made from Blackbird Designs fabrics! So springy...I just love it! MM you're super special and thanks so much!!! You know I love it, 'cause I keep telling you so!

Now you don't think I only had an envelope with needles in it do you? No of course not......I have some new stash too!

Now let me start this story by saying it all started on Emli's website..........no...I take that back....it all started on Deb's blog a while back when she posted about her UFOs....and she showed the EXQUISITE kit from The Examplarery....Frances Burwell. Now....this is where you learn how pathetic I am! I know that Paulette will remember...that once upon a time, I owned this beautifully boxed sampler kit....tis true. And in a short spurt of insanity...I decided I had too much stash....guilt took over (does this ever happen to you?) and I decided it would be best to purge some of my sampler stash...who in their right mind NEEDED that much stash!? Surely the logical thing to do would be to pass it on to someone who may really stitch it someday. Well....funny thing...Deb is the one that purchased that kit from me!!! We figured this out later after I read that blog post. Too funny! Well...of course I couldn't get the thing out of my mind.....loved the birds...the blue house....I must find it!

How's that saying go....If you love something set it free...if it comes back to you it was meant to be (Readers Digest Condensed Version!).....does that count if you go in serious PURSUIT of said 'something'? Does it really matter...no....so off I went on to Emli's and LOOK what I found!

Not ONLY did I find the beautifully boxed Frances Burwell sampler kit from The Examplarery, but ALSO the LOVELY Abigail Brown!!! They had to be mine...they came home...for good this time!

And if you've ever spent any amount of time on Emli's site...you know this means trouble. They may not have everything in stock....but it's a fabulous catalogue of samplers past and present! WOW! Such inspiration! And I went on this Little By Little kick of somewhat odd samplers! Well.....they did have a couple....but not all of them that I HAD to have...of course....

So THAT episode led me to Stitching Bits & Bobs and LO and BEHOLD...Bobbie was having a SALE! *GASP!!!* It was meant to be! AND there on the site were the Little By Little charts that I HAD to have!!! So between the Emli's order and the SBB order, these are now in the stash....

In addition to the fun Little By Little designs....I picked up a great one from The Stitching Parlor...acorns! I LOVE acorns so this was a must....and there in the back Fraktur Angel! I can't remember whose blog I saw this on....all stitched up and just gorgeous! I had to have it!! I haven't gone on a stash enhancement spree for I would say at least a year....so it was time...and what with a sale...and the fact that I needed needles....how could I NOT!? ;o)

Also in the mail today I received a wonderful HANDWRITTEN letter...a LONG one...from a new dear friend that resides across the pond in England! Can you believe it? Handwritten letters in the mail! How much better can it get?? Julia you are a beautiful soul! So nice! You'll be hearing from me!!!

All of this....and a Friday too! I ask you...can it get any better??? :o)

*Peace!

11 comments:

Jan said...

OH Kimmie, sounds like you had a fantabulous friday! I hope that continues and you have a great, great weekend!!

And I love Little by Little designs, goodness, you got some nice stash!:)

Margaret said...

Yay! John James needles! I got my B&B order as well this week. :D I bet I know who MM is. Hee hee! Anyway, great stash! What fun! And my BBD stuff! Oh boy!!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

What a wonderful stash haul! Enjoy it all.

Deb said...

Kim, your post was just cracking me up! I'm glad that Frances Burwell found it's way back to you! If you ever think of starting it, let me know. Maybe we can break this beauty down and do a SAL - a little bit at a time and wipe it off our stash list! Glad that your needles FINALLY arrived and you can get back to stitching. And wonderful stash haul! You must have been doing a happy dance.

Paulette said...

Oh my goodness, what an awesome mail day!!! Woohoooo, I'm loving i!! But you're a bad influence on me, bc now I HAVE to have that Frances Burwell kit!!! And I ADORE Little by Little charts! I, too, went on a LBL spree recently. LOVE her whimsical style. :)

Paulette

Siobhan said...

Well, when you do it, you do it right!! GREAT stash enhancement! I've been oogling that Frances Burwell kit myself. I loooove Little by Little! YGG!

Kim said...

The thrill of the hunt is such fun when it ends with what we are searching for.

Anonymous said...

Kim, you are so naughty, showing off your lovely new sampler charts! I have not been able to get the Frances Burwell out of my head! If I live until I'm 100 years old, do you think my eyes and fingers will still be up to it, I'm going to have to live until at least 100, to stitch all my stuff, and that's only if I don't buy anymore!Impossible! Julia x

Melissa said...

Totally rockin' stash! Too funny about the Frances Burwell sampler. I am a strong advocate of never ever destashing because you just never know....It's like this you can never be too thin or have too much stash, isn't that how the saying goes, LOL

Next thing you know you'll be wanting to stitch Frances Eden again!

Glad those needles finally arrived.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Whew! What a great stash haul! Not sure how I missed your last two posts but I'll tell you - Deb lives nearby and she is some kind of enabler. Glad to know she influences more than just me! Love how your Mystery Sampler is progressing (from previous post), it looks gorgeous!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛