Saturday, April 18, 2009

Please Help Me Choose!!!

Let me start out right away by saying I think after this quilt, I'm going to be "Americana'd Out" for a while! I'm not over-the-top crazy for this one.....I think it's because just last weekend, I finished up Flag Day Farm....which has the same coloration/feel.....soooooooo...that being said......I sewed strip sets today...

A fun color group....Minick & Simpson never fail in that regard...

and the pattern couldn't be simpler....yet it gives a complicated (somewhat) look and the possibilities for a secondary pattern once the blocks are sewn.

That's where I'm stuck...I cannot decide which layout. This one....layout #1....does provide a great secondary pattern of diamonds.....do you see them?

But then when I set them all going in the same direction...layout #2...there's this clean-lines thing going...

So I can't decide! Will you help me choose?

Hubs says there's not enough GREEN....UGH! GREEN GREEN GREEN! But I did find a cool goldish-green batik in the stash that I think may work with this as a border.....maybe. I'll worry about the border after I get the blocks sewn! Please help me decide!!! Layout #1 or Layout #2?

*Peace!

24 comments:

Ann said...

I vote for layout #2... I like the ribbon design it creates

Karen said...

I like #2 the best. I really like that fabric line.

Dawn said...

I like layout #2. It is very different.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

I love layout number 2!

TamboinMO said...

Okay, I'm going against the flow it looks like....I really like #1 the best.

ske3my said...

my first thought was number 2 .. but then i like number 1 if the red was more evenly distributed throughout the piece .. the bottom corner in your pic really has no red .. either way i don't think you will make a bad choice ... i do like that border you put beside the first pic .. it brings out the similar color in the quilt. can't wait to see what you pick .. karen ca

Tolentreasures said...

I am voting for layout #1. I love anything that you squint your eyes and see one thing and open them and see another. Make sense?

Cathy

Leah said...

I prefer layout 2.

Kathy said...

Layout 1 is my choice. Layout 2 makes me dizzy! Maybe it's just the photo, but my eyes don't focus on it. Maybe the border would bring it together for me, but either way, have fun! Your pieceing is perfect in your blocks...all the little triangle squares match up! Wonderful!

Deb said...

I think I like layout #2 the best!

Kim said...

Right off I like the first option better.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

#2 is my pick ~ seems a little calmer!! Anxiously awaiting your choice!!!!!!!

Margaret said...

Wow! I like them both, but Layout 2 has a cool block thing going. So maybe 2? But I'd be happy with 1 too. See how helpful I am? lol!

Littlebit said...

I vote for #2! MM

Laurie in Iowa said...

My choice would be layout #1.

Suzanne said...

i like the twisted ribbon effect of #2, but I'd go with #1

Siobhan said...

That is so freakin' gorgeous no matter which way you do it, but I love the first layout the best!

Melody said...

I vote for layout #1. You seem to be getting a good mix of votes. We will probably just end up confusing your choice even more....

Happy stitching~

kimquiltz said...

Number one!

samplerlover said...

I also like layout#2 the best.

Claudia E said...

I say layout #1 is better, I like the color distribution better with it. The quilt ends up looking a little lighter.

Jan said...

KImmie...just now seeing this post...I vote for #2, as lovely as #1 is, it makes me dizzy to look at it!;)

celaine53f@comcast.net said...

I love #1, but I am scrappy that way!

Brenda said...

#2. I like the 3-D thing.