Saturday, April 04, 2009

Okay...Maybe Not Quite Up To Speed!

I had grand plans for the day! But I'm guessing perhaps I'm not quite up to full speed! Still...it's been a great day!

This morning I enjoyed my morning coffee and perused the latest AP&Q magazine that arrived in yesterdays mail....

Be still my beating heart....scrap quilts! And yep...the one on the cover's a BEAUTY! Now THIS is a centerfold......

Another beauty from Miss Rosie aka Carrie Nelson...this is a MUST PIECE for me!!! I LOVE it!!!! I've kept it laid open to this page so I can look over and admire that scrappy beauty at my leisure!

I picked up my Blackbird Designs sampler and worked on that while I watched the quilting shows on PBS this morning.....here's my progress...

The weather man has warned that we are under a blizzard warning starting at 4:00PM today.....here's the view out the back door this evening....

It's lovely heavy wet snow....and it's supposed to keep coming down. and down. and down. all thru the night and tomorrow. I don't mind this one so much, but only because I know it won't be around for long...it IS April, after all!

After stitching, I got the triangles all cut out for the Flag Day Farm quilt! Whew! Done with the cutting!

I wanted to say thanks so much for the response to my quilting venture on Ebay! I only have one of these kits left!

After dinner I went down and started some piecing....


I'm no where close to being done though. I'm in low gear...ready for sleep already...so I'm guessing I haven't kicked the cold entirely. I TELL myself I have...but my body has other ideas apparently....like rest and sleep! So I will listen!

Tomorrow I'm going to stitch on the sampler....and perhaps get some piecing in while I go down and do laundry every now and then. I doubt there will be much outdoor activity...other than watching the hubs shovel the snow! Aaaaaah.....gotta love the upper midwest! ;o)

*Peace!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Kim, I hope you feel more up to speed today. Definitely rest up and get yourself back to normal! I love your BBD mystery and of course, I LOVE your Flag Day Farm quilt! lol! And that scrappy quilt in the mag -- gorgeous! I love scrappy quilts too!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

I have to agree that the scrappy quilt is gorgeous, Kim. Your BBD mystery is coming along beautifully and I'm anxious to see your Flag Day quilt in all it's glory. I hope you have a great day of stitching!

Anne said...

We've got the same taste in scrap quilts. I also blogged about Carrie's quilt in the magazine. It's wonderful, huh?