Thursday, April 30, 2009

An Early Friday & Dinner w/Twyla!

Woooooooooooohooooo!! I'm starting a four day weekend! WOOT WOOT! Forget that the calendar says it's Thursday...it was MY Friday and I am ECSTATIC about that! Never mind that my plans for the weekend were foiled at the near last minute (sorry Paulette & MM...). The hubs was invited on a fishing trip to Lake Erie (his most fav' place in the world to catch walleye)...so he left on a whim this afternoon! He's gone enjoying himself until Wednesday or Thursday! And *I* am on a four day weekend! Off until TUESDAY! OH ME OH MY what kind of trouble can I find to get in to???

Welllllll....I thought I'd kick off the early Friday by surprising my bud, Twyla, out at www.quiltedmem.com and bring dinner to her and visit...and shop...and yack...and visit...and eat. See...it's shop-hop week, so she's been keeping late hours...and, well, I have been remiss in getting out there lately and I do always love chit-chatting with Twyla!

So off to Twyla's I went....dinner in hand..........and THIS is what I came home with...

Never fails...there's always something fabulous I have to have out there! I picked up the Turning Twenty book...and picked 20 fat quarters of some yummy fabs! Also a great shirting...and the latest issue of Quilt Sampler!!! A nice little haul and I so badly want to start that turning twenty quilt! But nope...I'm going to first piece the Americana blocks that are waiting for me downstairs. That's one of my missions for the long weekend! :o)

During our conversation, she showed me a quilt in the latest Quilts & More that she's pulling fabrics for....it's going to be sweet! Well...then I had to run to the store later this evening...and there on the newstand was Quilts & More and I couldn't resist picking it up. Hmmm...now that I think about it, I wonder if Twyla had that there all along too!? Anyhoooo...it's a great issue and I'm itching to start multiple projects!

I'm geared up for the long four days and hope to get much accomplished! I'm going to get quite a bit in on the Blackbird Designs sampler....put those blocks together that are waiting downstairs.....get that small applique quilt quilted and framed.....
AND start the Turning Twenty quilt! Seems doable...no hubby around to cook for.....ability to stay in jammies for days on end.....yep.....I think I can do it!

What creative stuff is on YOUR weekend agenda? Would love to hear all about it!

*Peace!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Celebration time!! This is so nice for you to have a long weekend and no hubs to boot, I know, gotta love em but a few days away is Quiltin' Time. I'm pushing to finish my House and Garden Quilt - a BOM from a year ago+. Enjoy the freedom, girl!!!

Jan said...

Have a super wonderful weekend, dear Kimmie!!! Love your fabric haul, those colors and prints are fabulouso!!;)

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

What a fun thing for you to do! I'll bet Twyla (love her name!) was tickled! I also love your fabric selections. You are really making me want to learn to quilt.....

Margaret said...

Oh lucky you! Have a fun weekend -- I hope you get everything accomplished that you want to! I have a busy few weeks coming up -- a good friend is coming to stay the night tonight, DD is coming home Saturday, DD back to school next Thursday, my father and his wife coming the day after that -- well, you get the idea! So what's on my agenda? Cleaning!!! bleagh!

Siobhan said...

Woohoo! Have a fabulous weekend. It sounds great. My twins turn 15 tomorrow and we have numerous parties planned. Lord help me.

Deb said...

Wow - let the party begin. Hubs gone - what's a girl to do but collect some stash and stitch your heart out. Love your fabrics! Funny how we can never just visit a shop and walk out empty handed!

Tanya said...

I love my DH dearly but it is so nice when he goes on his little trips. Enjoy your four day weekend!
Love your stash haul!

Littlebit said...

You know we would rather have you HERE, but man are you having a great weekend being home! I did my coffee quilt from one of the Turning Twenty patterns and love it. Wow, what a great shopping trip you had, and it's only Friday! :-) MM

Melissa said...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend! I love those times when I almost have the house to myself, with Xbox Live if it's just me and the 13 yr old I'm practically alone, LOL!

Margaret's idea for your Eagle applique was right on. I love it framed that way.