Saturday, March 28, 2009

Well Good Morning and Happy Saturday!

Look what I just finished while enjoying my morning coffee!!!!

Aaaah.....now to press it..and decide how to quilt it. Any suggestions? Lori (pattern artist) hand-quilted it in an allover zig zag. Knowing Lori, all I can say is "Well of COURSE she did"! Eh....do I want to hand-quilt this? I do not know. I'm just going to frame it...so I'm thinking maybe I could see completion quicker if I machine quilted it....I don't know. Please help me with this decision!!! What would YOU do? Hand quilt....all over the entire quilt.....machine quilt.....what? I would appreciate any and all suggestions!

Well this kind of frees up my day, now doesn't it!? I'm guessing I'll be cutting out the Flag Day Farm quilt.....and there will definitely be time to spend with the Blackbird Designs sampler tooooo!!! It's going to be a glorious day...even without sunshine!

*Peace!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Gorgeous! I'm an old fashioned type, so of course I say hand quilting. :D It's small, right? As to pattern of quilting, that's up to you. Even just outlining all the motifs would be fine. Give it some dimension. On the other hand, just putting it in the frame as is would probably look fine too. :D Can't wait to see more on the Flag Day Farm piece. I'm so tempted....

Jan said...

NO advise here, Kim!! I just know it is super lovely and you will come up with the PERFECT finish for it!! Have a great weekend!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

What a beautiful quilt this is going to be. I'm not a quilter so can't advise but I'm sure whatever you do, it'll be glorious!