Sunday, March 08, 2009

Lost an Hour?

Is that correct? We lost an hour? I felt like I had gained an hour! I was on a roll last night and had Boxes of MoMo's Wonderland quilt done before 11:00! It just came together so easily I couldn't stop!



So it's done...a fun and casual quilt! I'll be binding it in brown.

Speaking of binding...I pieced some backs Thursday and dropped a couple quilt tops off for the machine quilter on Friday. The quilt tops stack is building! EEEEK! Someone asked if I finish all my quilts or ??? The answer is this. I have a stack that I plan to machine quilt. These are typically quilts that have a utilitarian look that I will just cross hatch. I have a stack that I plan to hand quilt. I do enjoy hand quilting, but just don't get to it too often!! And then, of course, there's a stack that will be sent to the longarm quilter for quilting. And speaking of.....shoot! I forgot to run out to the shop in Brandon and pick one up this weekend! Twyla---I'll be there this next week!!!

Today I'm going to stitch....and maybe also start appliquing my little 'Peace' eagle quilt! But I think I'm going to concentrate on stitching today.

Happy Sunday!!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh wow!!! That's just absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe you finished it already! I love that!!!! What's the pattern again? I'm going to have to backtrack in your blog and see. I may have to pick that up -- despite not having a sewing machine that works at the moment..... Oh, and I loved hearing about how you handle the quilting part of your quilts!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

The quilt is fabulous! I love the colors and the geometric feel to it.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Kim ~ you are a "sewing machine"!!!! I can't believe how much you get done and work full time!! I'm going to my hooking room and hook and draw patterns today ~ I'm only coming up for food!! Have fun today yourself!
Alice

Kim said...

I really like the simplicity of this design, makes for some fun sewing! Your fabric choices are very attractive. Nice!

Tolentreasures said...

I love it! The colors are so fun! I was wondering if you quilted them, thanks for answering that question!

Cathy

Karol said...

Beautiful finish!

Melissa said...

You are amazing! I want to be you when I grow up.....the quilt is beautiful as always.

Sue said...

lol The time difference was confusing before....even more so with daylight saving. Fortunately it doesn't matter in Blogland! Your top looks beautiful.

anne said...

wow love your finished quilt and the fabbie is awesome. What is the name of this block as it looks like my kinda quilt. Happy Stitching

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous Kim, congratulations

Jeanne - WillowTreeStitcher said...

It's so exciting dropping off tops to be quilted and having them come back all DONE! Be sure to post pictures. Congrats on another finished top -you are really churning them out lately! I am trudging through the book quilt my group is doing, on chapter 10 and only 3 more to do thankfully. It's been a long project.