Saturday, March 28, 2009

Back Where I Started and a Yummy New Recipe!

Sooooo....here I thought I was way ahead of the Saturday creativity when I finished my little applique quilt over morning coffee. Oh the promise of an entire Saturday! I lounged a bit...surfed a bit...and then decided to pick up my Blackbird Designs "mystery" sampler and work on that for a while!

AAAAAACK! I picked it up to begin stitching and noticed a HUGE flub!!!!!!!!

The other night....during my middle of the night "Oh I think I shall begin this sampler" moment....I started the thing on the WRONG SIDE of the linen!!!! *SIGH* What to do........I set it aside to wallow in self-pity......and then I began to cry.

Because of these..........

Yep...a big pan of onions! I decided while I lamented the issue of the sampler linen quandry...I would try a new recipe. I saw this on Food Network one day this past week when I was home at lunch. Giada made it and it looked yummy! Part of the recipe calls for carmelized onions......so I began to carmelize....

Do you know how LONG it takes to truly carmelize onions......a looooooooooooooong time.......she said 45 minutes to an hour......so not true......heck....Emmitt and I even NAPPED while these were carmelizing!

When they were close to being done, I assembled the rest of the ingredients....

ready made pizza crust....goat cheese (ahem...YUM!)....prosciutto and parsley. I'm telling you...this was sooooooo simple and DELICIOUS!!!!!

I threw the pizza crust down on my handy dandy Pampered Chef pizza stone.....and dumped the carmelized onions on top....

Next I took the goat cheese by the handfuls and put it on top of the onions.....

In to a 450 degree oven it went...for 10 minutes. Then I pulled it out......and cut up the prosciutto in to smaller pieces....and sprinkled them on top....along with some parsley....

and OH * MY * GOSH *!!!! It was WONDERFUL! And how simple!!! The longest part (notice I didn't say hardest..because there really isn't a hard part to this!)..the longest part was carmelizing the onions! Oh it was tasty! The hubs liked it a lot too....we will be making this again....and again and again......

Soooooooo...now that the tummy was tamed...what to do about the Blackbird Designs sampler...well...after conferring with my good buddy, Paulette, and going back and forth about whether to just dye the other side of the linen and continue on.....I decided I did really truly love the golden hue of the other side of the linen and so

I started over. And now I'm right back where I started!!

I hope you had a little more luck than I in making some progress on whatever you're working on!

Tomorrow is Sunday...and I think it shall be a Flag Day Farm quilt day. At least for a while!

*Peace!

5 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Poor Kimmie ~ Pizza was a wonderful way to soothe your little self and it really helped!!!!! It looked very good ~ no oil ~ no sauce? It might be on our menu one evening!! Hope today's progress is all on the right side!!!

Margaret said...

Oooooohhhh, that pizza looks good!!!! I haven't made me a pizza in a long time -- I'm going to have to do that! As for your flub on the BBD, ARGH!!! I hate when that sort of thing happens! I think you made the right decision though -- that fabric looks gorgeous! Hope the rest of the design goes more smoothly!

Tolentreasures said...

The pizza looks wonderful! Too bad about the stitchery, that makes me so mad when I do something like that, but sometimes the fix is not as bad as you think, right?

Cathy

Anonymous said...

Your art and pizza look delish! Do you put the pizza back in the oven when you add the prosciutto? I'm going to make it next weekend when the kids are home.

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛