Thursday, March 12, 2009

And how was YOUR day?

My Thursday was fine.............a few hours at the office ( I LOVE that part )...then off to the med center with hubby for some tests.....a big sigh of relief...everything came back fine so far. I then transported the groggy patient back home. Then *I* laid down and took a nap...even though it was HE that was supposed to be wanting a nap...heck no...he didn't need no stinkin' nap.....so I took one instead. :o) Aaaaah...heaven!

Then I made a lovely dinner of filet mignon, scalloped potatoes and honeyed green beans in honor of the patient who wasn't able to eat much of the day.

After dinner I decided to roast some grape tomoatoes in prep for a recipe I'm going to try this weekend that I got from my sis-in-law....her tuscan chicken sounds yummy! And it calls for roasted grape tomatoes....so I got to work.

I love roasting tomatoes and usually do this frequently in the summer as our garden throws throes of cherry tomatoes on to our doorstep! But..we're in the dead of winter....so the grocery store tomatoes will have to do! I halved them and laid them on the foil-lined, olive-oiled baking sheet....

Don't you love their color?

I do! I'm a sucker for anything red! I drizzled a little more olive oil over...sprinkled with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper...and popped them in the 250 oven....for 3 hours....
So I stitched while I waited on the tomatoes....and made a little more progress on Random Thoughts.

Can I confess...I'm getting really sick of Random Thoughts. I have even been trying to figure out a way to shorten it and be done with it....I hate when that happens. I will continue on with it....

but I'd really rather be starting that Blackbird Designs mystery sampler!! Soon.....soon...........
and now I've taken the tomatoes out...they're cooling...

Once they're cooled....I'll finish cleaning up the kitchen and then take a cue from Ellie the Fat Cat...

Hope your day was good!

*Peace!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Your Random Thoughts is really pretty! I know that feeling of being sick of a piece. Luckily, at the moment, I've gotten over that with my current one1 lol! Hope your hubby is ok. Tomatoes look yummy!

Carin said...

I found your blog on Terri's blog. Your Random Thougts becomes very beautiful. Try to keep the needle going I can't wait to see it finished.

Have a great weekend.

Tolentreasures said...

The tomatoes look yummy! I am with you on projects that I get tired of...instant gratification..that's what I am all about!

Cathy

Lee said...

I've just popped over to your blog from a link on Melissa's blog (3 BR Ranch). I can sympathize with you about being sick of a sampler. I've just finished Souvenir Sampler. It took me four years because I'd get tired of it and put it away for months and months. But now it's done and I love it, and (yikes) I'm thinking that I'd like to stitch Random Thoughts! I must be out of my mind...

Anyways. Keep at it. Don't rush it, and you'll finish it eventually, and then you'll love it all over again.