Wednesday, February 04, 2009

This Is The Week That Never Ends...

yes it goes on and on my friends....some people started singing it not knowing what it was...

Oops! Were you singing along? C'mon....you can admit it! ;o)

Well folks...this IS the week that never ends! Isn't that how it always is before vacation? I am in serious countdown mode! In less than 72 hours I will be relaxing somewhere in the DFW metroplex and I am STOKED! Of course, I haven't even begun to pack...but I typically travel rather light anyway...so that's no big deal. I think I put more thought and effort in to packing handwork projects than clothes! Serious!

I've decided that Random Thoughts will not be accompanying me on the trip. Too much concentration needed to count linen threads...and...well...I tend to spread out the silks etc and just take over a corner of the couch...so I won't subject my family to that...I'd end up leaving trails of silk snibs laying around!

I will, of COURSE, take some mindless knitting...aka Dish Cloths.....easy to do in the car. And I will also take along my Elizabeth Bradley Rainbow Trout needlepoint. Would love to get quite a bit done on that! And I'll probably throw The Shell Seekers in my bag...not sure how good reading and me will get along in a moving vehicle...but I'm willing to give it a try! I haven't been devoting much time to reading lately. Tsk tsk! I'm only about 1/4th in to the book...I need to spend some quality time and just get lost in the lives of these people!!!

I'm also contemplating preparing this for a travel project...

a small applique quilt. LOVIN' the Eagle quilt! I love Lori Smith's designs. I can say I knew her when! She's from right here in Sioux Falls...and we were in a quilting small group together....and I've always always admired her artistry and her color sense. And these small quilts...LOVE! Especially the applique....of which she is a master! Prim folksy love!!! I need to get a blue/green print for the leaves though.....nothing is speaking to me from the stash shelves. So I'm not sure if I'll end up prepping this for travel or not...but it's very high on my agenda so it will be getting prepped at some point very soon!

And...since I finished the beautimus Moda Heritage pinwheel quilt (THANKS SO MUCH, by the way, for the comments and compliments on that! So appreciated! :o)) Made my day!)...but since I finished that...and inquiring minds have been asking what's next....I'm going with something a little less large....a great Jo Morton quilt!!!

A while back I picked up a kit for this...and it appears to be the same fabrics as the pictured quilt!!! So the fabrics are out on the ironing board...waiting for pressing....and I'll be starting that soon...and it shouldn't take too long! Don't you love how old it looks? The blues, the pinks, browns....I think I'm gonna like it!

Well.....off I go to get ready for some pillow time. Only about 54 hours until 'take off'! I love Dallas in the spring time....I love Dallas in the fall.....oh wait...Paris! I love PARIS! But Dallas will do just fine for now! :o)

*Peace!

3 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

How fun to have all that time to craft. Enjoy it, hope that you have a great trip and get lots done.

Cathy

Siobhan said...

... some people started singing it...

Yeah, gonna keep that in my head all day long!! LOL I LOVE the new quilt that you're planning, the Jo Morton. Gorgeous. The eagle quilt--mouth watering. It will be wonderful. Enjoy your trip!

Kim said...

That trip is going to be nice now that the weather is warming up a bit, at least where your headed, lol, not anywhere near you, or me for matter. I can't read or do anything in a moving vehicle, I get car sick. I can listen to books on CD though!