Sunday, February 01, 2009

Done! Woooohooo!! Happy Dance!




It's done! Man! Talk about piecing-intensive! This quilt is definitely that! I love it! Very aged and mellow looking!!!! I can't wait to get it quilted! I'm pretty much a utility quilt kinda gal....in that I don't want anything froo-froo on the quilting...on this quilt....it's about the piecing and the fabrics! Not the quilting! I'll have to go on the hunt for some of that fabulous bird print for the backing! I love it!!

The spicy meatballs are in the crockpot...and it's about time for some chopping, dicing and bacon-wrapping! The big game! Even though my beloved Cowboys aren't playing...I still look forward to the game! You're right Paulette...NOTHING gets in the way of football for me! Heck...I don't even answer the PHONE during a game! LOL

I hope the Cardinals win. Don't hate me Steeler fans. I have my reasons! The Cowboys Super Bowl record must stand!!!! Let's hope it's an entertaining game and that we get another installment from that ridiculously hysterical E*Trade baby!

*Peace!

11 comments:

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

I can see why you are doing the happy dance, what a wonderful quilt to dance to.
Have a great day.
Vera

Littlebit said...

Wow, Kim! YGG!!!!!!! It's absolutely beautiful..so what's next? MM

Karol said...

Looks great!! Congratulations!

Karoline said...

Congratulations Kim, it's gorgeous

Katrina said...

Congrats on the finish! It's absolutely gorgeous :-).

Siobhan said...

Oh, man, that is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock! I can't wait to see how you decide to quilt it.

Tolentreasures said...

That is beautiful! What an accomplishment!

Cathy...a Steeler fan who is rejoicing!

Jeanne - WillowTreeStitcher said...

Congrats on finishing your top Kim - it looks fantastic! Our Cardinals lost but that game wore me emotionally. By the way, I saw the flower/bird fabric at Hancocks-Paducah.com just this morning. It is hard to find so good luck. It truly is lovely. I'm still waiting for all my fabric to come in.

Paulette said...

Oh my GOSH I love love love love love this quilt!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!

Paulette

Melissa said...

Kim your quilt is gorgeous! You are so freakin' fast! I can't wait to see it all quilted.

BTW--the spousal unit and I are discussing making a trip to Dallas for the Raiders Cowboys game next season. You want to make a trip south for game?

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! This is an amazing quilt - you must be thrilled!!