Sunday, January 04, 2009

Say Hello To My Little Friend....


No...not a gun (if you're a Scarface fan)...and not that cute little pottery frog....that other thing....the Blackberry! Who KNEW a crackberry addiction would facilitate extra time for me!!! Who KNEW!!! It's so true though! It's like I've been freed from the laptop-in-lap affliction I had previously! And I'm getting lots more done! Not to mention brushing up on those texting skills! My dear friend, Paulette, and I have been BB Messenging and it's too flippin convenient!

Sooo...since I haven't felt the sick need to have the laptop in my lap so often, I've gotten so many things done this weekend!

Though I had to work the whole day Friday (YUCK!)...on Saturday morning down came the tree and the house was back to preholiday decor. The typical laundry and cleaning, and I also got some stitching done!

You may recall that I chose Random Thoughts as my New Years Day start...and I did get the tree trunk and branches stitched on New Years Day to make it official. Between Saturday and today, here's my progress...


It's moving along nicely, and due in good part to my new Little Friend! I'm already so addicted to THE DEVICE.....mwaaaah hahahahaha.........

As is evident by these pics, I need to do some homework on the Nikon D40 and get used to the fancy schmancy camera! I feel like I'm not living up to its potential with it always on "Auto"....and I'd really like to be taking some awesome photos soon! I'll make that another January goal....to learn 3 new things the D40 can do. Any suggestions or enlightenment you can lend on the subject would be appreciated!

I'm also enjoying The Shell Seekers....I've been reading a bit before I drift off at night....so just on Chapter 3, but so far so good!

I hope this first weekend of the New Year has been good for you! The weather's been awful...to say the least. Cold....bitter cold........and I remind myself there's at LEAST a 40 degree differential between here and Dallas.....The Big D is looking more and more enticing! I think we may even plan a little road trip down in February to visit family and friends. Exciting!!!!! I usually go in March alone, and my mom and I go to the Dallas Quilt Show, which is always fun! But the Jakester has quite a few days off in a row in February, so we're thinking of trekking down there in February. Maybe I'll still go back down in March for the quilt show....we'll have to see. Though it's technically not a "tropical destination", it'll be warmer than here so that counts for me! ;o)

*Peace!

4 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I WANT ONE!!! A Blackberry, that is!!! I keep talking about it but I would be so connected to it!! Keep us posted on how you're getting along with your new "buddy"!! And I do enjoy your blog immensely!!
Alice

Karoline said...

Nice new toy :) Great progress on Random Thoughts

Littlebit said...

Wow, Kim! You really made progress on Random! You and Paulette crack me up with those BB's. I have to say, I am addicted to my laptop for the most part, but if I would not spend so much time here, I'd probably have 30 hours of quilting progress already. :-)

Greenmare said...

regarding a few posts ago, I LOVE your pheasant ornament! beautiful! One of our cats likes to lay on his back under the tree too. I kid you not. On his back, looking up. how weird is that?