Friday, January 09, 2009

Ready for the Weekend!!!!

Man...this has been the longest work week ever...the first full one in quite a few weeks. It royally sucked! LOL But...now it's over...aaaah! Relaxing Friday evening!!!!

I must tell you, I came home to a cleaned and vacuumed house....dinner was done (well, okay, I put it in the crockpot this morning)...and the hubs had a fire going downstairs in the sewing studio! What a guy!!!

So I just whipped up some egg noodles to go with dinner. Which, by the way, if you're a busy quilter, knitter, rug hooker, or just a busy PERSON, I'm sure you love the crockpot! This is one of our favorite crock pot recipes. Be forewarned....Pioneer Woman I am not! Ready?

Here's the ingredients:

One beef roast...any cut...cheapo cheap is fine. And a jar of pepperocini peppers...I like the dill & garlic flavor. Okay....so here's what you do...

Plop the roast in to the cold crockpot and dump the entire jar of pepperocini peppers on top of it...juice and all.....and it will look like this...

Okay.....place the lid on the crockpot and....here's the important part........make sure you do this.....

Turn the crockpot on low! ;o) Hey..sometimes people forget (ahem...not saying I've forgotten, but...uh...yeah). Low temp for the day and you will have the most yummiest slightly spicy roast that falls apart. We take egg noodles and make a bed in our soup bowls...then we add this yummy shredded roast complete with peppers and juice and it's oh so good! I hope you try it and like it!

After dinner...I decided to head downstairs....and possibly sew. But..alas...I'm so very sad because I can't work on this yet...

No Triangles On A Roll to be found in any of the local quilt shops!!! I've got them on order...and they should be here Monday. Then look out! Pinwheels will be flying!!

So then I thought maybe I'd just start another quilt....made from some more Moda goodness...

Louisa & Civil War Crossings jelly rolls! Oh be still my beating heart......love! *SIGH* But...I decided I must forego beginning anything, as I have the lovely pinwheel quilt cut and waiting....waiting waiting waiting for Triangles on a Roll! I can't cheat on the New Year's Day quilt. Sooooo...I'm back upstairs getting ready to work on what I DO have here ....Random Thoughts.

Between football this weekend and...well...the fact that it's the weekend...I wonder how much I can get done on it! Since there's no Moda pinwheels to distract me just yet......my attention will be on my Random Thoughts!

The snow was flying again today.......the hubs just proclaimed his utter disdain for the snowplow driver....he's outside moving his pickup...and getting ready to dig out the driveway again. AGAIN! Only 32 days until we'll be back down in Dallas with the fam! We can hardly wait!!!!

*Peace!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Well, that answers the quilt question, the 'what's for dinner' question and the 'where you are going for vacation' question. How long will you stay in TX?

Littlebit said...

AHHHHHH! Kim..I'm torn between the roast and the fabrics! Yummy to both! :) MM

audrey enloe said...

Kim,
this is Paulettes sister and Marshas daughter, wanted to tell you that I am going to try that roast! It looks delicious!!! Thanks for sharing the gourmet meal with us! LOL!

Siobhan said...

AHHHHHHHHH! My mouth went dry when I saw the blog header pic. Those quilts--to die for. Then your jelly roll fabrics. Oh my gosh. I am a lapsed quilter and it's painful to see such gorgeous fabrics. Your Random Thoughts is beautiful, too. Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff!! YGG! (I'll e-mail you soon! :D)