Sunday, December 07, 2008

Tis the Season!

I tried...I tried very hard to shelter myself...but apparently Tis the Season! There are a multitude of people at the office hacking and sneezing.....I avoided those people. But then...GASP! The hubs got sick. Yes...you can feel sorry for me for a bit because all of us women know how men are with the common cold. And at night he would want to cuddle....all the while sniffling and coughing....*SIGH* and now.....this is me...

I came home from the office mid afternoon on Friday with horrible sounding cough...granted all my coughs sound horrible, but it was to the point where I couldn't stop!!! So home early I came...to try and get a jumpstart on nursing myself back to health over the weekend. Stayed in yesterday in my jammies....resting and sippin' Alka Seltzer Plus cold....oh yum..NOT!

Today...felt a little better...had to venture out for some Tide...the laundry was taking over the baseement! Then back home and in the stretchy yoga pants and big shirt....didn't do much of anything else other than watch football. Still...I'm sneezing...coughing...stuffy head....No fever (YAY) but my head hurts...waaaah! Do I extend my weekend another day? I can't see that I would be doing ANYONE any favors by going in to the office like this tomorrow. *SIGH* It's such a busy time for us though..........guess I'll finish sipping my cup of tea and down another shot of cold meds and hit the sack...see how I feel in the morning.

Anyone have any fantabulous remedies for the common cold? Would love to hear them! Tis the Season!

*Peace!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Kim-I'm a huge believer in the power of Nyquil.

Alka-seltzer Cold used to be the best until the changed the formula.

Hope you are feeling better, but decide to take an extra day off. Sometimes rest is the best thing and if you feel good enough to do a bit of needlework, then that's good medicine too!

Tolentreasures said...

We are now trying Zicam after 3 weeks of passing this cold back and forth between us. I am now much better but I started DH on a precription of antibiotics. I think his has settled into a sinus infection. The Zicam is really working for him. This has not been easy to get under control this year.

Jacque said...

Gianna and I got it too thanks to my husband..argh!

I've been taking Mucinex DM and while it's a little pricey, it's been doing the trick well enough for me to work. The worst part has been the pressure in my nose and temples.

Hope you stayed home, warm and snuggly! Feel better soon!

Jeanne said...

Well my friend at work swears by Emergen-C but I have not tried it myself. I do however takes tons of vitamin C when I get a sore throat, dont' know if it's a placebo effect or what but it seems to help me. Hope you are better soon - I hate colds!!