Thursday, December 18, 2008

For Twyla...


Tonight was the second meeting of the Jo's Little Women Club (JLWC) out at my friend, Twyla's shop (www.quiltedmem.com). If you're at all familiar with the commercial insurance industry, you know there are several "D-Day" x-dates to deal with....and one of the worst is the dreaded 1/1s. Well...I have quite the slew of 1/1s working right now...it makes for a harried and haggled nutso day. Today was that sort of day. I was tired...I was cranky....the forecast calls for snow.....so I did not go to JLWC tonight...even though it would have been fabulous to see my pal, Twyla. So I promised her that I would be there in spirit and that I would work on the blocks for the 1st quilt...and I did. There's photographic evidence up there. I didn't think I was going to like the cakestand blocks...but oh my goodness they are ca-yoot! Love them! :o)

I'm glad tomorrow is Friday....I'm glad we're almost done shopping...it's taking longer this year....bad economy = almost non-existent Christmas bonus = way less money = slower to buy gifts. But we're almost done and the plan is to have it all done, wrapped and under the tree by Sunday evening. Factor in there the haggled work day that's certain to be there tomorrow, the SNOW they are forecasting to fall from the sky tonight...the BLIZZARD they are predicting to hit on Saturday..and..well...I've got my work cut out for me! :o) It's fun though....tis the season!!!

*Peace!

3 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Love your block and love the colors of the fabric! Stay warm and don't stress too much! Such a different Christmas season this year!

Littlebit said...

Oh, Kim, I love your block and those colors! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas..MM

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

Kim, Thanks for stopping by and wishing me better luck with my health. What a horrific time I've had for the past 16 mos!! :p Your kind thoughts mean alot. Love your block, as always. I hope you and yours have a really fabulous Christmas (even sans bonus) and a fun 2009. Sending you hugs, Deb