Monday, December 22, 2008

Counting down?

Are you in the Christmas countdown mode? Presents wrapped? Cards mailed? Goodies trayed up? Egg Nog in the frig? I would say 'check' to each of those pretty much. Just need to go to the store to pick up some oysters for the traditional oyster stew on Christmas Eve...and pick up the prime rib for Christmas dinner. And a few stocking stuffers....and that's it! It'll be here and be over before we know it....so I want to take time to enjoy every single minute this week. Well...every single minute that I'm not at work anyway! ;o)

Look what came in the mail today!

Quilts for All Seasons....and Some for No Reason....by Sandy Klop!! A quick leaf thru showed me several quilts that will be on my "MUST DO" list. I'm getting ready to settle in and really look thru this great new book and start planning 2009 quilt projects!!

I typically always start a quilt on New Year's Day. Always. This New Year's start is going to be the Moda Collections for a Cause Heritage quilt...

all those half square triangles! Oh goodie! ;o) Actually...the fabrics are so beautiful, that I can't wait to start it!

We were hunkered down this past weekend....blizzard conditions......horrid wind chills....the cold is unbearable sometimes it seems. Today.....windy...cold...no blizzard....Jake went snowboarding....ALL...DAY....LONG. He's still out there. He'll be home by 10:00...that's when the ski park closes.....I don't know how he can stand it. The hubs and I are seriously discussing retreating back to the Lone Star state....enough of the cold! BRRRR!!! It's a difficult decision though...so one that's sure to take some time. My bones are too old for the cold though! And he doesn't enjoy the outdoor winter activities like he used to. He used to make it his MISSION to be the first one out on the ice for the ice fishing season....this year...he hasn't even looked at his bucket...or tried to find his tip-ups.....we think he's over it. So this weekend...we were all tucked inside...watched movies and lounged around. It was great!! We didn't lose power...or cable....and we had plenty of snacks and other food...so it was fine holing up for a couple days.
We're so very lucky that we didn't get the awful ice etc that some of the more southern states tend to get. Nope...just cold....and WIND...LOTSA LOTSA wind. BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I hope you're staying warm and being warmed by the season!

*Peace!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kim-good luck with whatever decision you make about a move. Hey Austin is a great town! Great music, great shops, quilting, knitting, cross stitch, at least that's what I've heard.

Thank you so much for the charm squares. They came in the mail a few days ago but no one told me! They put the package in a drawer, I found it while looking for something.

Karoline said...

Stay warm Kim, I hope you have a lovely Christmas