Saturday, December 06, 2008

Christmas Q&A

My dear friend, Paulette, sent this to me in an email..and I don't think I replied.....so figured I'd make it my blog post for the day!!!

Christmas Q&A!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper, with a few smaller gift bags, but mostly wrapping paper! With bows!

2. Real tree or artificial?

A real looking artificial tree....and then pine smelling Yankee candles in the background. :o)

3. When do you put up the tree?

The weekend after Thanksgiving!

4. When do you take the tree down?

Sometimes I've taken it down the day right after...other times I've left it up until New Year's......depends on my mood I guess.

5. Do you like eggnog?

Yes!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

Oh my...that's a hard one! I LOVED getting my Barbie Town House...but also clearly remember getting my stereo with a color organ on the bottom...8 track and turntable...I was rockin' and there was color flashin'! Woo!

7. Hardest person to buy for?

Love 'em or Hate 'em...gift cards have since made everyone easy to buy for...so I don't have a hardest person anymore.

8. Easiest person to buy for?

The kids are always easy to buy for!

9. Do you have a nativity scene?

Yes...several. I am hoping to just stumble upon a lovely larger antique one someday.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

Never email! Mail...when I get around to it! Why is it so hard to find time to send Christmas cards nowadays?

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Thighmaster and Abs of Steel tapes...the Christmas after I had Jake...and the hubs will still swear to this day that I asked for those items. LOL I can laugh about it now.........

12. Favorite Christmas movie?

I will watch Elf every time it's on...Will Farrell cracks me up! But the kids would say 'A Christmas Story'...and I would agree, because I love the marathon that's on and I love subjecting the kids to 24 hours of Ralphie!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

I always say I want to have it all done by first of December, but that never happens!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Yes. Okay. I will admit it. I have regifted something that I've received for Christmas to someone else...but not necessarily as another Christmas gift.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

My chocolate peanut butter fudge. And Mexican wedding cookies.

16. Lights on the tree?

Lots of clear ones!!!

17. Favorite Christmas song?

O Come All Ye Faithful....and Silent Night....and Away in a Manger....and...and...and...you get the pic! I love them all!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

Yep! Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen; Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. And Rudolph.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Christmas morninig now. When the kids were smaller and the grandparents sent gifts, they got to open grandparents gifts Christmas Eve evening. But now we're all Christmas morning.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

Commercials

22. Favorite ornament theme or color?

Old glass ornaments... and the ones the kids made thru the years.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year?

Nothing. Well, I want LOTS of stuff but don't need lots. So I'll say a cushy new robe...some comfy new jammies....chocolate covered cherries....that'll do it. :o)

24. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Star usually.

25. Favorite Christmas dinner?

Our family tradition is a yummy prime rib dinner! Can't wait!!! I can almost smell that puppy roasting in the oven! YUM!


Okay...your turn!

*Peace!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Favorite Christmas Song? Oh Holy Night as sung by Cartman on Southpark...LOL