Thursday, November 20, 2008

Truly a FAB Thursday!

Fab! As in fabulous and full of FABRIC! WOW! Look what arrived today in the mail!

Gorgeous greens from Judie Rothermel's line, courtesy of a fabulous deal by the lovely Raedene! Oh thank you, Raedene, and thanks for the extra goodies!!! You are too sweet, and I can't wait to figure out what to make with all of these greens!!!

Today my friend, Twyla (www.quiltedmem.com) emailed to see if I would be joining her Jo's Little Women Club....which began tonight. I tried to talk myself out of it...giving myself all kinds of ammunition...er...excuses...ie I'm too tired after work. I don't see well to drive at night. It's cold. It's dark. I have enough projects. The cat box needs emptied. The bathroom needs cleaned. And then there's always laundry to take up my time. I have to cook for my family.....I could go on. LOL Of course these were all just empty excuses...and so I decided to join. And ventured out to the shop after the work day...it was such a nice time!!! and LOOK! I had to buy FABRIC! OMG....for shame, for shame!

Fabulous Jo Morton fabrics! Can you stand it??? I can't! :o) I'm quite happy and excited to get busy and get some quilts done!

And while I was there, I quickly decided to duplicate the exact Jo Morton fabrics that my friend Paulette and her dear mom picked up recently as a kit.....

This will be a SUPER quick one to put together, but it will be oh so very lovely!!! I can't wait!!!

Yes indeed...a FAB Thursday today for certain!! Hope yours was fun as well!

*Peace!

4 comments:

Kim said...

ooh, my, goodness! A wonderful fabric day. The Little Women Club will be a nice change after the workaday week hum drums. Especially when you get to play with these wonderful fabrics. You naughty girl! LOL, enjoy!

kstehens100 said...

Hi Kim,

The Cranberry Orange scones look awesome. Would you be willing to email me the recipe? I think they would be great to make for my 4 college students who are returning for Thanksgiving.

Thanks

Kathy
Kstephens100@yahoo.com

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Kim ~ Your fabric piles are really nice ~ when I was a doll maker, I just loved to accumulate various fabrics ~ your pictures are a nice reminder that I still have lots of these ~ I need to do something with them!! Finally, I have posted a link to your blog on mine ~ I enjoy reading what you are up to and thought others might also!
Are you finding any time to hook?

oldcrowfarm said...

Wow, Kim...what yummy fabrics!!! I used to be a quilter but now am taken over (LOL) with rug hooking!!! I still do some quilting though, patchwork and little quilts for Santas' robes so I can have my cotton fabric "fix"! : )
I'll be doing another "daily post" rug on my Blog after finishing up the Spotted Pony rug and the Homeplace Primitive. It'll be great fun!!! Hugs, Sunnie : )