Sunday, November 16, 2008

Shifting Paradigm

Okay.....so thanks to everyone for their ideas with the vintage playing cards fabric! It was a toss up between doing a pieced border around a chunk of the fabric...or framing out rectangle cuts in different fabrics. Both were very appealing to me! HOWEVER....ahem....there has to be a paradigm shift now. Because not only did cuz Gary call from Florida to say hello...but also he called to call "DIBS" on the playing cards quilt! Says that fabric has his name written all over it.....clearly he has fabulouso taste! ;o) Soooo...now that it's not for me...but clearly a quilt for a guy...what do you think about this???

I know...I'm completely changing things now! But...hmmmm....I think I can see it in this Maple Island Quilts pattern.....though the lights and darks would be switched around. I think it would have a great graphic look to it......and I could use this repro black print as the 'background'...it kinda actually looks like the back of a vintage playing card! And then the fabulous jewel green Moda print...that I have been hoarding for YEARS......not wanting to use it....but I think that fabulous emerald green needs to be the other part of this graphic quilt. What do you think?

I will be thrilled to make this specifically for Gary! Seems strange to call him my cousin....but that's what he is! He's my mother's cousin....and he came to live with us in Ohio back in the 70s and early 80s from New Kensington, PA. And I remember thinking he was so fun and crazy!!! Why..it was HE that drove me down to Chillicothe shopping for my birthday when I selected the Eagles Greatest Hits album..the blue skull one...and Fleetwood Mac's Rumors. We shared a love of music....and it was always so fun hearing his stories of life outside of the little small town I grew up in. Why...Gary...you were almost WORLDLY to me! LOL

I found this pic......

I know, it looks like something out of That 70s Show! That's Gary in the glasses....sitting beside my dear dad..both looking so damn thrilled that mom had the camera out again. That's my baby brother Scott, posing as cute as a button...and then me...with long hair! LOL We loved playing Yahtzee....and just how cool is Gary? The hair, the glasses...the denim bibs. Aaaaah the good ol' days. And check out that WALLPAPER! LOL I don't know why it looks like one of Scott's eyeballs has been blacked out...must have had something on the digital camera lens when I took this pic of the pic last night....but anyhooooo......

Gary...this quilt will be for you! :o) So you'll have to tell me if you strongly dislike this pattern.....and if you do, then I'll just think of something else...maybe back to the big chunk of fabric with the green as an inner border and the black print as the outer border. Or...or....or....????? Here we go again! LOL

*Peace!

4 comments:

Paulette said...

Love the picture! Now... who's the little tot in the other room behind you guys? :) And what a cute little girl you were!!! :)

Paulette

dulcy said...

Very cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. The bag may be the same pattern you used for a pillow. It was a pillow pattern I used from a book by Mary Norden. Love the quilt...

dulcy

Kim said...

Oh my! Thanks for asking, Paulette! I forgot to mention...that's my other little brother, Jerry Jr, in the other room...probably getting in to something he shouldn't be! He was definitely the ornery one..and still is! ;o)

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛