Friday, November 28, 2008

No Black Friday Here!

And how was your Thanksgiving? I hope pleasant and filled with good times, as ours was! As always...too much food! All good...and tons of leftovers!!

Today has been recuperation day....no shopping for me. No sirree....I may venture out tomorrow, but today was about relaxing and starting the Christmas decorating!!

I made this quilt a few years ago.....it's a Red Wagon pattern....and I did all the applique in with a raw edge, so it was a quick one! Can you tell it's been rolled up and down in the basement with the other holiday decor? It's a little wrinkly....but in due time, I'm confident it won't be. Gravity has a way....

And look!

Recognize my Goodwill find? The lovely little Silent Night cross stitch piece! It tucks in so nicely with my little porcelain nativity trio! The frame is a perfect ivory match! Who knew! And for fifty cents!

This evening, I trodded downstairs to the sewing studio and finished up the bird toile piece...

Sorry for the not so great picture....the boys had their Xbox stuff strewn on the floor, so I just plopped the quilt top down and snapped the pic. Now to figure out how to quilt it??? Maybe just send it out for a quick small meander...and then a quick trip through the washer and dryer for some puckery goodness!!!

Aaaah...it's only Friday! This is great! I wonder what tomorrow will bring! Hope you're enjoying today!

*Peace!

5 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I love your rustic quilt.

Gotta love those Goodwill finds.

Cathy

TamboinMO said...

I didn't shop on black Friday either. Just hung out and did a little decorating as well.
I love that quilt wall hanging...beautiful colors!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving and no Black Friday here either. I am kicking myself for not getting to JoAnn's to buy some of the flannel for $1.49 a yard, I want to make several pairs of PJ bottoms. But is it really worth the trouble of fighting the crowds? I don't think so. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Melissa said...

Darn forgot to say I love your quilt!

Littlebit said...

Wow, Kim! You are fast..loved the toile quilt! I'm SO lagging behind, but I'll be fine as soon as I get over the fear of that new machine. lol. MM