Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Next Project...

or is it the next CHALLENGE! I'm on the hunt....for that 'just right' pattern for this:



I picked up 3 yards of the playing card print...I just loved the colors in it...and now I'm searching for a pattern. I don't want to cut it up too small...then I'll lose the impact of the playing cards! So I'm playing around. After I cleaned up the stash the other day, I pulled fabrics...those are lined up to the left. I had thought about just going super simple..showcasing the playing card fab....and doing either like a piano key sashing around squares or rectangles of the playing cards, or doing scrappy checkerboard sashing. I can't decide, but I think the main fab is so busy that it needs to stay simple.

Any idears??? Please let me hear your opinions! :o)

*Peace!

7 comments:

Beth said...

That is cool fabric. Maybe just fussy cut some of it and put simple sashing around it, it is pretty busy. Good luck! Can't wait to see it!

Kim said...

Hi Beth! Yes..simple would be good. I was even thinking of maybe doing a black inner border and then a piano keys border around this and calling it good....but am trying to think of something a little more 'original'. LOL Still...it would definitely showcase the busy playing cards! Thanks for the comment! ~Kim

Littlebit said...

Beautiful fabrics! I'm sure whatever you decide to do with them will turn out fabulous. I wish I had your imagination!

lissa said...

That is tough! How about just like you have it laid out? A big hunk of the focus fabric with chinese coin borders!(like what Kim said) or another one of my favorites....using it as a backing. I know...not much help.

Suse said...

I was going to suggest using it as the backing fabric too. Then you enjoy the gloriousness of it in full, without it being cut.

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Wow...what a wonderful print. I would hate to cut it up, I think a black border would look good some where in there, maybe you can embellish it with a bunch of poker chips scattered throughout...lol.. Can't wait to see the finished creation!

Kim said...

Fussy cut like Beth said. Box each picture with a 1" sash alternating fabrics, then use a wider sash to separate each "picture box" block.