Saturday, October 04, 2008

As Fiona Would Say....

"What kind of knight ARE you?"

er...uh...wait a sec....wrong Fiona.

"I've been a bad, bad girl" ~Fiona Apple

Yeah...THAT's the right Fiona...I have been a bad, bad girl. I have added to the quilting stash. But c'mon...who could resist the packaging???

Lovely Moda lunch box style tins!! With quilts on them! And they stack so nicely!!! Oh but inside....oh glory glory!

LOOK!

This is to die for! I LOVE the washed out vintage look! This is from Moda's Collections For A Cause...where Howard Marcus Dunn reproduces antique quilts in his collection. Proceeds benefit Gilda's Club...for those touched by cancer. A very worthwhile cause, indeed, and I cannot WAIT to see what Mr. Dunn, President of Moda Fabrics, brings us next!

And this one....well...it was a deal...or maybe I should say a steal for under $50!!! Yeppers...the Bay of Evil sucked me in again and I SCORED!

I have always wanted to do a Lone Star quilt...and this one will just be fabulous in gorgeous Moda fabrics!! I'm going to switch things up a bit and NOT do the flower basket appliques in each corner...but I can't wait to get at this one too!

And so...in order to start either one of those beauties, I must get busy on the other quilts waiting on the cutting table!! So today I cut out the second start on my utility quilt.

I like the way these are turning out MUCH better than the frilly stuff I was using before. Much more to my liking!

I almost have all the blocks done! So hopefully tomorrow I will finish that up! Then I have another quilt pulled and on the cutting table....more on that one to come......

*Peace!

No comments: