Sunday, September 21, 2008

What's That They Say About The Best Laid Plans?

UGH! I am NOT liking the way these quilt blocks are coming out! :o( I am kicking myself for the background choice....it's turning these too frilly...too Victorian looking. YUCK YUCK YUCK!

All's I see is PINK and VICTORIAN and that is soooooooooo far removed from me it's not even FUNNY! I question why on EARTH I even had MASS YARDAGE of this print!?!?! EGADS! I mean...yes it's lovely in its own right...Judi Rothermel prints are always lovely and period.....but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

I cannot go on......I cannot. It's a struggle to even LOOK at these things! YUCK! It's NOT the look I was going for! And so, because I am a spontaneous fiber artist...I am casting these aside (or on to Ebay) and starting over! OVER I say! Victorian I am not....I think I shall dig thru the stash for a nice plaid background....or something similar. No frills in this household!

*Peace!

2 comments:

Deborah/LavenderRose said...

You could just pack them up and send them to me! I love them!! Hugs, Deb :]

Melissa said...

Oh wow I love those blocks. Being the only girl in a house of guys, I'm totally down with pink and Victorian.

Funny how we acquire fabrics and don't realize at the time they aren't us, we are just drawn to them for whatever reason. Believe me I have run across several of the "what was I thinking" purchases.