Monday, September 08, 2008

Art Addition

Saturday the hubster and I ventured downtown for the Sidewalk Arts Festival...hoping to score some more great pottery by my fav' pottery dude. Oh but alas.....he changed up his COLORS this year! WHA!??!?!?? None of the beautiful blue/red/brown earthtones that I love. Nope...he switched it up and went with sand and ivory. Ho-hum...so no pottery for me.

With the hubster along, we stopped at a couple different wildlife artists booths.....he's my big outdoorsman.....with mounted walleyes and other wildlife adorning the walls of his office. I'm not big into that 'look'....but it works in the office. Anyhooo...we stopped in the booth of Russ Duerksen, and we both really really liked this painting..


The autumn colors...the chickadees are lifelike..the leaves, they look like you can touch them! It's now hanging on the wall in our living room. I love new art! :o)

*Peace!

1 comment:

TamboinMO said...

That's really beautiful. I love the crispness of the birds against that blurred background. It totally works.
Also, I found this little treat for you. I could totally see it on your blog!
http://pol.moveon.org/palinclocks.html

Tammy