Monday, August 11, 2008

Still Pondering.....

Okay...I thought I knew what I was going to do....I *THOUGHT* I was going to sew the blocks together as the pattern shows and then just do an 8" border of the black....but then....nah...I really like the way the black sashing breaks things up! So then I thought...okay...THIS is what I'm going to do:



2" black sashing with batik cornerstones and then a 1" finished inner border of batik and bring the black out in the border again. Simple enough...right? Decision made? Uh....no....that's not how I operate this evening, apparently! ;o)

Now I'm ponding THIS:



What about FRAMING out the blocks with 1" finished batik strips and THEN the 2" black sashing w/batik cornerstones and THEN float the 1" batik inner border and bring out the black in the outer border? I just love that pop of electric blue...so that's why I'm thinking of framing the blocks in that. Maybe then the outer border isn't necessary? UGH! Still pondering......

Whatdyathink?

*Peace!

5 comments:

Jo said...

I think the first sample from the previous post is by far the nicest - the black sashing. I love the batik print, but its best in the small dose. All the other samples have too much of it

Jacque said...

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be a lot of help because I've liked each way you've shown it! LOL!! I love the colors!!!

Jeanne said...

I like the second photo better- the blue/turquoise does pop out better and I would leave the second border off. Just my two cents' worth but the fabrics are lovely so matter what you choose it will be scrumptious. :)

Mona said...

OMG!!!! Look what I’ve been missing!!! I haven’t read your blog in weeks!!! Bad Mona – Bad Mona!!! I know you mentioned working on Ja’s quilt and you did tell me it was Black and white, and I did see the new pattern you picked up. The one framing in the blocks, but I NEVER pictured it to be soooo pretty, or should I say “cool”, since it’s a boys quilt??!! I LOVE it the way it is in this post. It really pops with the two frames!!!! Whooohooooo. Leave it to you… to create yet another masterpiece!!!
And to think….you’re MY teacher!!! Yippee for me.

Mona said...

Oops…let me be clear. I like the top picture. The one where it has two turquoise frames, creating a second thin black frame!!!! YES. Love it. :o))))