Saturday, June 28, 2008

Trying to get back to some creative blogging!

That's what I intend to do! Let's manuever this blog kinda back to some creative things, shall we!?

Of course today nothing REALLY creative was in the air. But the other day I did pull out a huge chunk of a fabulously vintage looking HUGE floral print...an older Amy Butler....and since I can't bear to cut it up...left it in all it's glory and just pieced two long pieces together. I'm guessing you can't revel in the full glory of the colors via this pic...but maybe you'll get the idea. I SOOOO need a new camera!


The plan is to get one of the new Amy prints..maybe one of the more nouveau looking repeats...in a great ochre or some other unexpected color combo...and make a big reversible throw! I think after it's quilted, I'll do scalloped edges and bind it in a gray-black and love it!

I did a little shopping today. I stopped off at the quilt shop and picked up a chunk of a neutral background so I can start a red, green, gold/brown applique!


You like? I plan to make one of those big 4-block appliques...Vic's Red Thistle Quilt by Red Wagon. I can find my freezer paper patterns but cannot locate the darn book! UGH! I hope I can remember the placement!?!?!? If anyone has a pic of that quilt, I would SOOOOOO appreciate seeing it so I can remember how it's laid out! :o/

I also stopped off at TJ Maxx...needed some new sheets...flannel was a bit warm now, so it was time for some new sheets....and on the way to the sheet aisle..I ran across this nifty box that just had to come home with me!


Isn't it cool? Look closely.....it's made from tubes of rolled up magazine pages!


Loved it...and $12.99 I thought was a fair price for something so unique! I've seen trays and bowls just like this at our local Ten Thousand Villages shop, but at the time didn't want to let go of $18 for a small tray or bowl, but this was a good deal I thought! So colorful! I know I'll end up going downtown to 10KVillages and getting some companion pieces now.

I'm going to go now....I have a few of my favorite things waiting for me..........


Yep...that's Emmitt, Ipod and ATS, all huddled up in my easy chair! Think I'll join them.... I'm going to pick a needle back up and try and find my old self!!! Wish me luck and we'll catch up more tomorrow!

*Peace!

No comments: