Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend Wind Down

Well...the time is drawing near...the end of the long holiday weekend. The weather ended up cooperating on Sunday and again today. Sunshine all day long! Woooohooo!! LOVE that!

I can't say I got a ton of stuff accomplished, but then I suppose I didn't really set out to, but rather decided to just fly by the seat of my pants for the 3 days off, and that was very nice!

All in all it was a relaxing 3 days...and the boys were around most of the time acting goofy and making me laugh, as usual!

Brennan was home more than usual this weekend, which is surprising, given the fact that he's 23 and is usually out partying it up with his buddies.



I have to say that I am so proud of that kid. It's no secret to those that know me-know me that he was my challenge....rebellious as rebellious gets and it was such a heartache dealing with him from about the time he turned 15 until I gave him the heave-ho at the age of 18. Tough love sucks...trust me it does. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but after a few years of hard knocks and then this past year traveling the country and working, well, he's like a different kid. So nice and agreeable and not at all argumentative and disrespectful like he was before...nope...now he's 22 and really nice to be around and he dwells in the basement. :o)

Jake was also around pretty much most of the weekend, when he wasn't out skateboarding. The kid skateboards a LOT. A lot. Here he is though, in a silly moment, acting goofy because I wanted to take a picture of his hair.



He's growing that mass of curls out and they just hang like perfect little spiral ringlets. Some guys have all the luck. LOL *NOTE* No miniature schnoodles were harmed during this photo shoot. He was trying to use Emmitt as a shield against the camera. Goofy guy!

So that's a little peek into a few moments from my weekend. Now it's back to work tomorrow, but the good thing is----it's gonna be a short week!

*Peace!

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Isn't it great to get to spend some time with your kids. My sons are 18 and 14 and it seems they are always on the go out with their friends. It's nice to get to share a bit of the day with them.

Love your son's curls by the way! :D